Huskers #9 in Coaches Poll

Mavric

Based on the fact that NU is one of a low number of undefeated teams remaining, the current ranking is about right. Will NU end up the season in the top 10, probably not. But, if NU goes 10-2 it will probably end the season in the 10-15 range.

I agree that they can only play the teams on the schedule and at 5-0 deserve a good ranking.

However, I think if NU has two losses, the only way they stick in top 15 is if it goes "loss to Indiana, loss to Wisconsin, win over OSU, followed by winning out."

Maybe it works if we beat wisconsin but lose to OsU and Wisconsin goes undefeated otherwise. But I don't see NU being ranked highly if it has zero quality wins among 10 victories, which could definitely be the case.

• Fire 1

I don't know, CM. Last year Iowa had no wins worth mentioning but still finished in the Top 10. Now, that is not what I want for NU, of course, just mentioning that Iowa did it. Their collapse in the Rose Bowl tarnishes the whole year and seems to confirm what the rest of the nation already thought, that Iowa got lucky through an incredibly easy schedule. They lost the only 2 games that really tested them.

I think NU possibly CAN win all the games, but man we better see the team performing to its full potential in more than just the 4th quarter to get there. If we can do so, I think anything is possible, including the CFP. I don't actually expect a playoff spot, but if it comes it would not surprise me either. The tools, players, talent and coaching are there. They just haven't been on fire through all 4 quarters of any game yet. If that happens, we will see dominance. And if it DOES happen, I predict we will see more of that same dominance as the confidence level across the entire team rockets upward.

It all starts with Armstrong.

Wasn't Iowa undefeated in the reg season? Or had 1 loss? I agree that if NU is at 1 or fewer losses in the reg season, the huskers will be in the top 10 at the end of the reg season.

They lost in the Big Ten Championship and the Rose Bowl. Usually teams are punished for losing late, but maybe since one of them was a championship game and the other Rose Bowl, pollsters didn't care. Iowa didn't beat anyone of note though.

They don't like us at all. Not sure what we ever did to them. I bet they'll pick Indiana unanimously then throw a fit on Twitter when we win. Oh wait, Kirk has already done that.

It's not that they don't like us, but what we did to them is respond and take the things they say personally, like you did in this post. They don't think we look like a top-10 team in the same way that we didn't think Iowa looked like a top-10 team last year. They're calling it like they see it, and they're having a laugh at how bent out of shape Nebraska fan gets that they aren't lavishing praise on us. And Kirk hasn't thrown any Twitter fits. It must be hard having such a persecution complex.

• Fire 1