ESPN is at it again!!!!

I am sure you all saw my previous post about how ESPN hates Nebraska, well they are at it again. As they went to a break, they said they will have the "top 10 juggling catches of all time". Of course they showed the '97 Mizzou catch leading into a commercial, with one of the guys saying something about a National Championship and the word CHEATED!!!! I am fed with with this crap. As they showed the clip during the countdown, the man said "that ain't right" in snotty tone. Oh well, ESPN is classless when it comes to teams they do not like.

It was a great catch no question. But in honesty it was illegal and should have been ruled incomplete. So what they are saying is correct. We got a break no question. But I am sure they say things that other fans feel are against their team. We seem just a little to touchy about the media at times.

But I understand your feelings. You are welcome to them. I guess I am just a little bit easier on them than most.

I am sure you all saw my previous post about how ESPN hates Nebraska, well they are at it again. As they went to a break, they said they will have the "top 10 juggling catches of all time". Of course they showed the '97 Mizzou catch leading into a commercial, with one of the guys saying something about a National Championship and the word CHEATED!!!! I am fed with with this crap. As they showed the clip during the countdown, the man said "that ain't right" in snotty tone. Oh well, ESPN is classless when it comes to teams they do not like.

Who gives a f#*k - there's a crystal football sitting in a room on campus that says ESPN's opinion don't mean sh#t. Get over that CLASS or CLASSLESS saying everyone throws out all the time - Football is far from a classy game. It's a brutal and violent sport - There's nothing classy about it. NEBRASKA fans always say they have class - what a joke - as soon as we had a losing record everyone whinned like a little baby, no one could look down the road 2 years from then and all of sudden Steve Pederson's a genus for hiring Callahan - Hell I thought he was a genius firing solich. (I've been behind CALLAHAN from the start because I could see the future also) Osborne only made a few mistakes in his career but #1 was putting solich in charge. I knew after the 2001 cu game we were in trouble because that was the last year of Osborne recruits. I guess it's true WINNING cures alot of problems.

I have had this debate with many people and that was not an illegal catch. It is only illegal if the player intentionally kicks the ball to another player. That obviously didn't happen. Or, that was the quickest split decision a college football player has ever made. From the time the ball hit him, he dropped it, and fell was MAYBE one second and his legs went the way they would if you were falling that way. He didn't alter the motion of his leggs in a manner to kick the ball. And that is why it was ruled the way it was.

That being said: It is easy to see both sides, but the people on the field and the big 12 saw it the same way. I call a bad call, a bad call no matter who the team is. This could have went either way, but I do agree with the call made. If a ball bounces off a helmet and is caught it is not ruled illegal.

dedhoarse

Hey Chad were you one of the winnerrs??? Over all, Neb fans have more class than anywhere I have been and I have been across the nation. That is a very insulting comment coming from what I assume is a Neb fan????? :box:rickjames

I do agree that what took place in the last few years was needed and a guttsy thing to do. My hats off to Peterson for having the balls to do it. That took a hell of a backbone. I for one love the direction the team is going and have always fully agreed with the decision. But no matter what happens, I'll always be a true fan!

GBR win, loose or draw :tv

Who gives a f#*k - there's a crystal football sitting in a room on campus that says ESPN's opinion don't mean sh#t. Get over that CLASS or CLASSLESS saying everyone throws out all the time - Football is far from a classy game.  It's a brutal and violent sport - There's nothing classy about it.  NEBRASKA fans always say they have class - what a joke - as soon as we had a losing record everyone whinned like a little baby, no one could look down the road 2 years from then and all of sudden Steve Pederson's a genus for hiring Callahan - Hell I thought he was a genius firing solich. (I've been behind CALLAHAN from the start because I could see the future also) Osborne only made a few mistakes in his career but #1 was putting solich in charge.  I knew after the 2001 cu game we were in trouble because that was the last year of Osborne recruits.  I guess it's true WINNING cures alot of problems.

You have a point. Believe me I have been around my share of Husker fans that will be more than happy when Callahan get's some real success, but you wouldn't have guessed that a year ago. Fans that would rather blast their own team than put some time in to understand what's going on.

However, when people refer to class they are referring to the fact that NU fans in general just like a good football game. They respect the opponents fans and have a good time with em.

Sure you're going to have your bad apples, or a whole bunch of em when you are talking about teams like the Buffs. But in general, they are good people. That's what they are talking about when they talk about class. If you ask me. Not that fact that some people like to scream all day about tradition lost, blah blah blah blah.

Hey Chad were you one of the winnerrs??? Over all, Neb fans have more class than anywhere I have been and I have been across the nation. That is a very insulting comment coming from what I assume is a Neb fan????? :box:rickjames

I do agree that what took place in the last few years was needed and a guttsy thing to do. My hats off to Peterson for having the balls to do it. That took a hell of a backbone. I for one love the direction the team is going and have always fully agreed with the decision. But no matter what happens, I'll always be a true fan!

GBR win, loose or draw :tv

I wanted solich out the day they hired him - I seen him talk at a conference in CA in 1998 and I commented to my dad - He's about as exciting as getting the Clap. - So I did whine, but it was about solich not CALLAHAN - what he did in 2 years was a miricle considering the lack of players he had - Do you ever wonder why 15 of solich's recruits quit the team - The kid's CALLAHAN recruited were going to replace them.

Who gives a f#*k - there's a crystal football sitting in a room on campus that says ESPN's opinion don't mean sh#t. Get over that CLASS or CLASSLESS saying everyone throws out all the time - Football is far from a classy game. It's a brutal and violent sport - There's nothing classy about it. NEBRASKA fans always say they have class - what a joke - as soon as we had a losing record everyone whinned like a little baby, no one could look down the road 2 years from then and all of sudden Steve Pederson's a genus for hiring Callahan - Hell I thought he was a genius firing solich. (I've been behind CALLAHAN from the start because I could see the future also) Osborne only made a few mistakes in his career but #1 was putting solich in charge. I knew after the 2001 cu game we were in trouble because that was the last year of Osborne recruits. I guess it's true WINNING cures alot of problems.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great catch no question. But in honesty it was illegal and should have been ruled incomplete. So what they are saying is correct. We got a break no question. But I am sure they say things that other fans feel are against their team. We seem just a little to touchy about the media at times.

But I understand your feelings. You are welcome to them. I guess I am just a little bit easier on them than most.

Yep, you're right...Extreme Sports and Poker Network is ALWAYS right.

Lineup for the Poker network:

Poker

Log rolling

Spelling Bee

Poker

Cheerleading semifinals

Poker

Ukrainian speedskating finals

Poker

'92 Wimbeldon finals

Sportscenter

Putt-putt mini-golf championship

Poker

Matt Leinert interview

Cold Pizza

Poker

BMX South American Championship

Yep, I'd go with the MTV of 'sports' :rolleyes:

GBR win, loose or draw  :tv

I wanted solich out the day they hired him - I seen him talk at a conference in CA in 1998 and I commented to my dad - He's about as exciting as getting the Clap. - So I did whine, but it was about solich not CALLAHAN - what he did in 2 years was a miricle considering the lack of players he had - Do you ever wonder why 15 of solich's recruits quit the team - The kid's CALLAHAN recruited were going to replace them.

Damn I just got hit by the grammar train.

Good thing you make such a compelling point, otherwise that post would just look idiotic

You can go with whoever you please fopa. I could care less. As I said he is entitled to his opinion as you are, and god forbid mine.

If I remember correctly there was coment made by the Big 12 officiatiing office, stating errors are made on both sides of the ball. Some are more obvious than others.

I have no problem with the call. And I would not have had if it went the other way. It happens.

ESPN brings us a lot of college football, maybe not enough Nebraska football for you but they are the only network that truly dedicates themselves to college football during the season. I do not always agree with them but I do watch it normally every weekend during the season. If you had your way we would be down to the fox crap games and what ever could be seen in your own time zone.

I can put up with a little negativety to see other games. There are other teams besides Nebraska and they have fans that feel the same way. Most avid fans think everyone is against them.