Road trip Wisconsin

Hey guys, Wisconsin fan here and I come in peace with information. In addition to this being a night game at Camp Randall - which is normally a recipe for a bunch of "well-served" patrons - it is also the Madison Halloween celebration night known as Freakfest, held on State St (which is an 8 block stretch between the capitol and campus). It is a lot more "corporate" than it used to be, but it attracts people from all over. It will be crowded in Madison that night, and chances are a lot of them will be quite drunk.

So, if you're looking for trouble, you will likely find it. You still might find it even if you're not looking for it. This is not something we're proud of at all, but thought you should be forewarned.

How many sexy costumes are out for Freakfest? That has to be a blast.

My wife and I are heading to Madison for the game and I was wondering if anyone knew where the "Husker" bar would be on state street? We are definitely not looking for any fights, just some fun and hopefully a Husker victory. The only place we have ever had a problem on the road was Boulder.....is Madison worse?

My wife and I are heading to Madison for the game and I was wondering if anyone knew where the "Husker" bar would be on state street? We are definitely not looking for any fights, just some fun and hopefully a Husker victory. The only place we have ever had a problem on the road was Boulder.....is Madison worse?

I don't remember there being a Husker bar in Madison but we just hit up a bunch of places.

I will not comment on the second part but feel free to PM me and I will share with you all the information that I can.

Here's a more recent pic from Freakfest, and yes, there are some nsfw costumes out there - note there is now live music and a stage at the capitol:

6358204271381149021760295165_Freakfest-c

Here's a pic from 1981, when it was an unofficial event, without a concert:

1981_StateSt.jpg

should be a really fun time in Madison next Saturday

Before the game, the bars on State Street will be navigable. Not sure there's a designated Husker bar, but State Street Brats is kind of the one that visitors tend to congregate at. After the game, it will be very very very crowded on State St. (Freakfest) - There are bars nearer to the stadium on Regent St. that might be a bit less crowded, but probably still busy.

Before the game, the bars on State Street will be navigable. Not sure there's a designated Husker bar, but State Street Brats is kind of the one that visitors tend to congregate at. After the game, it will be very very very crowded on State St. (Freakfest) - There are bars nearer to the stadium on Regent St. that might be a bit less crowded, but probably still busy.

Thanks! Looking forward to a great time!

I attended 3 Nebraska at CU games in the 90's...never had an issue. Folsom Field is stunning, I loved going there for games.

I'm going to the Ohio State game next weekend and am genuinely concerned about taking my 11 year old son with me. My buddies who are Buckeye fans said it will be fine...but...don't let him go into a restroom without you. Umm..what? God, I loathe tOSU.

I attended 3 Nebraska at CU games in the 90's...never had an issue. Folsom Field is stunning, I loved going there for games.

I'm going to the Ohio State game next weekend and am genuinely concerned about taking my 11 year old son with me. My buddies who are Buckeye fans said it will be fine...but...don't let him go into a restroom without you. Umm..what? God, I loathe tOSU.

Boulder is gorgeous just had problems with some fans when I was younger. Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin are 3 of the stadiums I just have to experience. Excited to cross UW off the list this weekend. I have heard OSU can be rough as well. Have fun at the OSU game!

• Fire 1

Boulder is gorgeous just had problems with some fans when I was younger. Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin are 3 of the stadiums I just have to experience. Excited to cross UW off the list this weekend. I have heard OSU can be rough as well. Have fun at the OSU game!

Thanks Class.