Need a D-line

I don't think so. We know what we have in an overachieving D line, and we gave them zero support tonight. This loss isn't on them. They performed at the same level they have all year. They were getting into the backfield enough. Look to your LBs and DBs who need to be making tackles and covering recievers.

First off the loss is in the entire team, but the fact that this is how they have performed the entire year proves my point. A good d line should not have to rely on constant blitzes to pressure the qb and stop the run. The great 2009 d line did not need constant blitzes.

I don't think so. We know what we have in an overachieving D line, and we gave them zero support tonight. This loss isn't on them. They performed at the same level they have all year. They were getting into the backfield enough. Look to your LBs and DBs who need to be making tackles and covering recievers.

First off the loss is in the entire team, but the fact that this is how they have performed the entire year proves my point. A good d line should not have to rely on constant blitzes to pressure the qb and stop the run. The great 2009 d line did not need constant blitzes.
Who said anything about constant blitzes? And what hope would this line have being compared to one of the games greatest lines of all time?

You know you have a group of guys who are dependable, but not great athletes, so why do you bail on them and not blitz the rest of the night?

Who said anything about constant blitzes? And what hope would this line have being compared to one of the games greatest lines of all time?

You know you have a group of guys who are dependable, but not great athletes, so why do you bail on them and not blitz the rest of the night?

Wow you are missing the point. We dont have great talent that is game ready on the d-line. Without that, the rest of the D is exposed against a super talented team. We need to get back to a d-line that is competitve...doesnt have to be just like the 2009 team but needs to be way better than we currently are. Im going to ignore any more meaningless comments from you on this topic...i suggest u get some rest for the night.

I'm not missing the point. I watched the game. I know what I saw. You have a dependable D line that isn't going to out flash anyone. The guys behind them were lacking tonight.

This line isn't going to lose you a game, but they aren't great and they're not going to win you a game either. Sure they can use a talent upgrade at a couple spots, but Banker's MO has been to pressure with the blitz to get to the QB. He seemed to shy from that tonight when that's what was needed.

Our defensive line is terrible...just terrible. They cannot get any pressure whatsoever. Very disappointing

Exactly correct. Been saying this for years. No pressure, no penetration to disrupt plays in the backfield. #74 their LT was holding Freedom most of the night including on two of their TD's but no excuses this DL is not good. We can't get pressure up the middle or off the edge. Been preaching how we need pass rushers (Randy Gregory has been the only legit one in years) but I have not seen it. Freedom got moved there because at least he is fairly athletic and has some burst. Barrett was literally just sitting in a pocket all night...if we were trying to contain him we did a good job but he was comfortable all night and obviously picked us apart because most top QB's are going to do this when they don't have pressure. Worst game from the DL all year. Although not saying much...most everyone played like crap. Disappointing to see lack of effort when we got down big. Both Gerry and Young had plays where they could have delivered big hits but slowed down and pulled off...show some pride. Kenny Bell would not have been pleased.

I'm not missing the point. I watched the game. I know what I saw. You have a dependable D line that isn't going to out flash anyone. The guys behind them were lacking tonight.

This line isn't going to lose you a game, but they aren't great and they're not going to win you a game either. Sure they can use a talent upgrade at a couple spots, but Banker's MO has been to pressure with the blitz to get to the QB. He seemed to shy from that tonight when that's what was needed.

"They're not going to win you a game either".

That says enough, games are won in the trenches. And both our trenches got dominated.

• Fire 1