17 years and counting

It seems the George W Bush and Obama presidencies have rigged Nebraska football long enough! Hopefully with the next president we start winning.

Today was one of those odd games that we lost our qb, defense didn't play well and we were outmatched. I really am proud of Tommy for being a fighter I was worried about him. For all the criticism he gets one thing is for sure is that Tommy will fight and him coming back and walking proves he is tough. Good recruiting and better gameplans will help us, why we didn't run the ball all the time with Ryker at qb is baffling, if we do that, they don't hang 62 on us. Regroup, refocus and lets get better, as fans we can pout and wine all we want, but for the players, they need to show they can bounce back. Good teams lose games, but the great teams prove they can come back and win even after a giant blowout loss.

Seriously, now, how many, on this board or anywhere for that matter, honestly thought we'd win all our games this year? I doubt there were more than about 5% of Husker fans (the dreamers) and far less of the non Husker fans out there.

Assuming this team can recover from the shock and PTSD that will follow from taking this kind of trouncing, there remains every reason to believe we have a fighting chance to win our next three games and play in a pretty decent bowl against a very tough opponent. Nobody can say we didn't deserve the bowl and assuming we play well (we should be healthy as a team by then), we have chance to finish in the top twenty and possibly the top 15. This drubbing (or seal clubbing as some might put it ) was incredibly bad and the most alarming part is the 'quit' aspect of it because Ohio State is NOT 59 points better than Nebraska on a 'normal' day.

Riley and his staff have to earn their money this month as a complete collapse to finish out the season is NOT acceptable (with or without Tommy Armstrong out there). This team better show up and play hard and not get embarrassed by Minne, Mary and Iowa. None of those teams is MORE talented or better coached or otherwise should be expected to beat Nebraska, even without our Mr. "Hot and Cold" QB.

I believe a post game report suggested this loss was our 'second worst' in history but I just can't recall when we lost by 60 or more and certainly not since Devaney came to Lincoln ?

62-3 is just plain mindblowingly bad! Whew! Ohio State is loaded but isnt stocked with 'superheros' or something.