Bama bringing in NFL guys for their practice squads....

lo country

Compared to their recruiting system, and analyst system, this really is not surprising. Any way the SEC can take advantage of any rule is their way.

When Finebaum thinks what Bama does is cheating, it most likely is.

Tells me all I need to know about what's going on.

Haven't read the article but I saw earlier this year that you can have outside (former?) players "occasionally" practice.

Which is of course completely open to interpretation. Which is nice.

I wonder if Saban is allowed to pay these guys? I bet he could just say he's hiring them on his staff...seems like that would be the next logical step, especially with the guys who are currently out of an NFL job.

I have no proof of what I am saying here. Only what I have heard over the last year or so, listening to Finebaum program and the Siris/XM shows. I know Finebaum is a homer, but I think the guy is honest, and his thoughts on the way Alabama does things is questionable. He normally calls a spade a spade.

I believe currently, according to Finbaum, there are over 130 personnel working in the recruiting services side of Bama. They have 5 past head coaches working under the title of analyst. They are using pros to teach and coach while acting as scrimmage dummies.

If Nebraska ever wants to return to the top of college football, these loop holes either need to be closed or we need to rip new ones into the system. I don't want Nebraska to cheat, but I do not want them cheated.

What is claimed in budgets for personnel and what is actually paid seem to be two different things. It was mentioned about a month ago that at Bama the analyst money came from the boosters. How do you control that? How many analyst above the 9 allowed coaches is legal? Or should be? SEC takes every rule and twists it to what they want, then the NCAA allows it.

If we are going to allow the SEC to run their teams like professional teams, every program should be given the same opportunities. Or the BIG Ten should require rules that each team meets the same criteria to play on the same field.

I guess it is as a friend of mine at Honda Racing said. "It isn't cheating if you don't get caught, and if you're not cheating you're not trying"

I have lost a lot of respect for College Football over the last 10 years. Nothing but big business.

I hope to be able to survive long enough to see Nebraska rise back to near the top, but a lot of cards are stacked against us it seems to me.

And one of them as mentioned by many that I seldom agree with, is the money put into the program. I am a Mike Riley fan, think he is a great person and possibly a great coach, but if Nebraska is going to return to the top, we are going to need to get more competitive on the money side at every level. Whether it be NFL dummies practicing, analysts by the boat load, or professional processing sites for recruiting. We are behind, that hurts the kids, the staff and the fans. If we are going to play the game with the Bama's, Michigan's, Ohio State's we need to be giving it every effort, top to bottom.

good stuff skers fan.

freind and i were talking the other night about the very thing about college football. just doesnt feel pure anymore. During the purdue game, i mowed all day long (mowing business. busy guy) I cant go to any games cuz id rather teach little kids the game on saturday mornings as i do. I love the game. but im not thrilled about eh direction of college football. We're on this idea that the game would be so much improved for the NFL to have their own damn farm league and college athletics went back to what they actually are supposed to be. I think it would get back to being a whole lot funner to watch a field full of Wyatt Mazours or Ryker Fyfes or Jack Gangwishes and Ross Dzurises out there ballin it out. Just my opinion. Not even sure if it fits the topic here other than just the overall direction of the sport and level. The things Bama is doing is no different than anything else in the whole world in regards to anything that is competition. Someone is always going to do all they can to get the upper hand and win, and winds up snowballing the entire concept into a win at all costs, business only approach.

I have no proof of what I am saying here. Only what I have heard over the last year or so, listening to Finebaum program and the Siris/XM shows. I know Finebaum is a homer, but I think the guy is honest, and his thoughts on the way Alabama does things is questionable. He normally calls a spade a spade.

I believe currently, according to Finbaum, there are over 130 personnel working in the recruiting services side of Bama. They have 5 past head coaches working under the title of analyst. They are using pros to teach and coach while acting as scrimmage dummies.

If Nebraska ever wants to return to the top of college football, these loop holes either need to be closed or we need to rip new ones into the system. I don't want Nebraska to cheat, but I do not want them cheated.

What is claimed in budgets for personnel and what is actually paid seem to be two different things. It was mentioned about a month ago that at Bama the analyst money came from the boosters. How do you control that? How many analyst above the 9 allowed coaches is legal? Or should be? SEC takes every rule and twists it to what they want, then the NCAA allows it.

If we are going to allow the SEC to run their teams like professional teams, every program should be given the same opportunities. Or the BIG Ten should require rules that each team meets the same criteria to play on the same field.

I guess it is as a friend of mine at Honda Racing said. "It isn't cheating if you don't get caught, and if you're not cheating you're not trying"

I have lost a lot of respect for College Football over the last 10 years. Nothing but big business.

I hope to be able to survive long enough to see Nebraska rise back to near the top, but a lot of cards are stacked against us it seems to me.

And one of them as mentioned by many that I seldom agree with, is the money put into the program. I am a Mike Riley fan, think he is a great person and possibly a great coach, but if Nebraska is going to return to the top, we are going to need to get more competitive on the money side at every level. Whether it be NFL dummies practicing, analysts by the boat load, or professional processing sites for recruiting. We are behind, that hurts the kids, the staff and the fans. If we are going to play the game with the Bama's, Michigan's, Ohio State's we need to be giving it every effort, top to bottom.

Good post. I personally think they need to try to close these loopholes....otherwise you are going to have just 3 or 4 schools that are legitimate contenders every year and continue to separate themselves from the pack. Alabama and Ohio State are run almost like NFL teams now.