Preseason Ranking #16

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...g.top.25/1.html

16 -- Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-4)

Key returnees: QB Zac Taylor, WR Nate Swift, LB Corey McKeon, DE Adam Carriker

Spring star: RBs Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn. The sleek sophomores combined for 182 yards in the spring game.

Lowdown: Taylor began showing command of coach Bill Callahan's West Coast offense late last season; the key now is developing a solid running game with Lucky and Glenn. The defense has the potential to be spectacular, particularly the front seven. Some new safeties need to emerge.

I'll say they picked ND #1 without even looking at the article. God's team, ya know ;)

Seriously though, that is probably where NU should be, as some of you has stated. Safeties, punters, and the ground game really need to step up with this tough schedule to show the nation we deserve to be where we are. :thumbs

Thats exactly where we want to be. We have enough room to climb and "sneak" up on people. But we also are not too far down that we couldn't climb all the way to the top.

We will be lucky to be a top 25 team imo.

where is your father-in-law's team ranked??????

you know who i'm talking about......the guy that got drugged

Thats exactly where we want to be. We have enough room to climb and "sneak" up on people. But we also are not too far down that we couldn't climb all the way to the top.

We will be lucky to be a top 25 team imo.

where is your father-in-law's team ranked??????

you know who i'm talking about......the guy that got drugged

They are on the rise. Watch out for them in a couple years.

You really think we won't be a Top 25 team by the end of the season!!! Why not??? The only way we can go is up after last year. Sure we lost our defensive secondary and I'm not saying that's a small loss. But, our defense is going to be better and I think IMO that our offense is going to be a hell of a lot better. :horns2:blink: