Trump's America

zoogs

@Ric Flair

Snopes

Snopes 2

More #GOP Anti-LBGTQIA Legislation

It just goes on and on...

So everything I've said, plus his Twitter accusations that all Mexicans are rapists, murderers, his rants against Muslims, calling other countries "****hole countries"

But right Ric, Trump is clearly NOT a racist, xenophobic, anti-lbgtqia, white nationalist who is actively promoting an all-white, Christian, ethno state.  I'm not sure how how someone as smart as you are can continually be so obtuse and blind to what Trump is really doing.

:bang

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The real issue with the way he talks is he represents America on the world stage. You yourself can admit he says pretty terrible things. Is this the image we want to portray to the world? Personally I think it makes us look foolish and weak.

I likewise take issue with some of his statements. I don’t like his style or the way he treats people sometimes. But it has largely been effective.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I likewise take issue with some of his statements. I don’t like his style or the way he treats people sometimes. But it has largely been effective.

Has it though? Name one big Trump win on an international scale. It seems to me we are quickly losing our place on the world stage mostly due to Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@Ric Flair

Snopes

Snopes 2

More #GOP Anti-LBGTQIA Legislation

It just goes on and on...

The problem with your argument is that it’s all founded on your central premise...that requiring religious organizations and their members to act in ways inconsistent with their beliefs is perfectly acceptable. So in your view, any law that seeks to strike a balance between the rights of religious people and the rights of gay people is anti-LGBT bigotry. 

Are there any scenarios that you can think of where a Christian businessperson should not be compelled despite her objections and under force of law to participate in a gay wedding? If not, then respectfully, I think you need to rethink the issue. 

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Has it though? Name one big Trump win on an international scale. It seems to me we are quickly losing our place on the world stage mostly due to Trump. 

His behavior led to the summit with North Korea’s Kim. Kim then destroyed a testing site. Maybe nithing comes of it, but talking peace is better than firing missiles and talking war. 

NATO members have agreed to pay more of their share.

Various trade treaties, most notably NAFTA, are being reworked, with language much mire favorable to us. 

Those are a few examples. 

I share your dislike of Trump’s methods, but arguably they are getting the job done...at least at times.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His behavior led to the summit with North Korea’s Kim. Kim then destroyed a testing site. Maybe nithing comes of it, but talking peace is better than firing missiles and talking war. 

NATO members have agreed to pay more of their share.

Various trade treaties, most notably NAFTA, are being reworked, with language much mire favorable to us. 

Those are a few examples. 

I share your dislike of Trump’s methods, but arguably they are getting the job done...at least at times.

North Korea isn't following their promises so that isn't going too well.

Wrong about NATO. Trumps advisors had to make a deal with foriegn ambassadors behind Trumps back just so we didn't screw the pooch with a very important alliance.

We will see what comes of the NAFTA talks. Im willing to bet we will see a repackaging of essentially the same agreement and it will be labeled as a huge victory for Trump. But if he can make some things happen there good on him.

I don't think they are getting the job done. I think his tactics are pissing some countries off and allowing others (Russia) to manipulate him. All allegations aside Putin is playing Trump. Russia is not our friend and that is evident by all of their activity surrounding the elections. Russia is trying to create more of a divide and there are multiple confirmed instances of them succeeding to do so. This is not the time to be putting our tail between our legs for Putin but thats exactly what Trump has been doing.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem with your argument is that it’s all founded on your central premise...that requiring religious organizations and their members to act in ways inconsistent with their beliefs is perfectly acceptable. So in your view, any law that seeks to strike a balance between the rights of religious people and the rights of gay people is anti-LGBT bigotry. 

Are there any scenarios that you can think of where a Christian businessperson should not be compelled despite her objections and under force of law to participate in a gay wedding? If not, then respectfully, I think you need to rethink the issue. 

My "central premise" @Ric Flair is that people of the non-hetero, non-white, non-christian, and immigrant variety are people and we should be treated with same damn level of courtesy, dignity, and respect a white, hetero, christian would want to be treated with.

Two of the world's most dangerous and dishonest dictators just played Donald Trump like a flute. 

If you would like a picture of true derangement, imagine Fox News covering Barack Obama's capitulation to Kim and Putin, virtually as Kim and Putin would have drawn it up themselves.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2143171/north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-has-collapsed-and-may-be-why-kim-jong-un

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

My "central premise" @Ric Flair is that people of the non-hetero, non-white, non-christian, and immigrant variety are people and we should be treated with same damn level of courtesy, dignity, and respect a white, hetero, christian would want to be treated with.

I agree with you. But you’re still not addressing why or how a Christian cakebaker who disagrees with gay marriage has to be required to make a cake celebrating one in order to affirm a gay couple’s dignity. Or why their claim to dignity trumps the cakebaker’s constitutional right to practice his religion in peace.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree with you. But you’re still not addressing why or how a Christian cakebaker who disagrees with gay marriage has to be required to make a cake celebrating one in order to affirm a gay couple’s dignity. Or why their claim to dignity trumps the cakebaker’s constitutional right to practice his religion in peace.

That's NOT what I'm talking about and you damn well know it.  I have provided multiple sources that demonstrate the Trump administrations commitment to bigotry and discrimination in every day life and situations.

The fact you keep bringing up the case of this baker is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That's NOT what I'm talking about and you damn well know it.  I have provided multiple sources that demonstrate the Trump administrations commitment to bigotry and discrimination in every day life and situations.

The fact you keep bringing up the case of this baker is ridiculous.

The case of the baker went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. (I was there that day to hear the argument. It was awesome.)

The case illustrates the struggle to balance the rights of gay people to marry with the rights of those who object to gay marriage to not have to participate in gay weddings.

Seeking to protect thoe people in the exercise of their religious beliefs is not bigotry. They should be free to refuse to provide services related to a gay wedding.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The case of the baker went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. (I was there that day to hear the argument. It was awesome.)

The case illustrates the struggle to balance the rights of gay people to marry with the rights of those who object to gay marriage to not have to participate in gay weddings.

Seeking to protect thoe people in the exercise of their religious beliefs is not bigotry. They should be free to refuse to provide services related to a gay wedding.

That has very little to do with banning the LGBQT from adopting children or congress passing a bill making it legal for government contractors to fire people based on sexual orientation, you know the things chimi actually linked to. You keep bringing the baker up but chimi isn't talking about that. Do you have an actual argument to make or is it all just centered around 'christians shouldnt have to provide service to gay weddings'? Because we are past that now in this conversation.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

That has very little to do with banning the LGBQT from adopting children or congress passing a bill making it legal for government contractors to fire people based on sexual orientation, you know the things chimi actually linked to. You keep bringing the baker up but chimi isn't talking about that. Do you have an actual argument to make or is it all just centered around 'christians shouldnt have to provide service to gay weddings'? Because we are past that now in this conversation.

You're missing the point entirely. The reason those laws are being proposed is to protect religious organizations that are in the adoption business or work on government contracts.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You're missing the point entirely. The reason those laws are being proposed is to protect religious organizations that are in the adoption business or work on government contracts.

So under what circumstance are we denying religious freedom to government contractors employing a gay individual? Because I can't think of one instance