Any chance we see Darlington?

lo country

After thinking about things last night I'm not sure all that much changes for Iowa. Our mystery at QB doesn't really change much.

If Darlington does play, show him a lot of different fronts/blitzes/bluffs since he hasn't played qb since the spring game a few years back, prepare for the zone read just like you would if tommy was playing.

Armstrong, pretty much the same but for different reasons, load the box to see if Langs abandons the run, force Tommy to beat you with his arm esp. in the pocket, get those arms up, bring the heat early to see just what he has in his legs, you're going to find out one way or another, perhaps he burns you but you gotta find out what he has in that hamstring early. Otherwise sit back and wait for Tommy to make a mistake (Tommy's my boy but I have my Iowa D-cord hat on right now)

Same deal for Fyfe, sure he can drop back 20 yards to get rid of a pass against Maryland but I'm guessing that won't fly against Iowa's D.

In all three cases I know it'll sound ruthless but bring the heat, get some shots in on an already thin position, no different then picking on a back-up CB that just came in the game.

Now for us be ready with those rb screens, "long hand offs" and draws. Don't abandon the run game and don't run laterally. I would use a power guy like Ozigbo since you're prob. gonna be outnumbered in the box and hit right up the middle, don't pull guards and crap like that to much penetration.

Just my 2 cents.

We will have our work cut out for us. No doubt.

I just hope that Langs will have some quick hit plays to get the ball to our play makers in space. I hope that we dial up some draw plays as well. They will bring the heat every down. Langs needs to show he can counter an aggressive or over powering D. If our OL is healthy enough, I'd like to see some counters and misdirection. Get the aggressive D going one way and hit them on the back side..... Really haven't seen it against a more athletic D, but maybe he will dial it up for this game. Needs to show we can counter the front 7 and make them pay. If not, we are in for a long day. Our D will need to play lights out. ST showing up would also be a huge help...

After thinking about things last night I'm not sure all that much changes for Iowa. Our mystery at QB doesn't really change much.

If Darlington does play, show him a lot of different fronts/blitzes/bluffs since he hasn't played qb since the spring game a few years back, prepare for the zone read just like you would if tommy was playing.

Armstrong, pretty much the same but for different reasons, load the box to see if Langs abandons the run, force Tommy to beat you with his arm esp. in the pocket, get those arms up, bring the heat early to see just what he has in his legs, you're going to find out one way or another, perhaps he burns you but you gotta find out what he has in that hamstring early. Otherwise sit back and wait for Tommy to make a mistake (Tommy's my boy but I have my Iowa D-cord hat on right now)

Same deal for Fyfe, sure he can drop back 20 yards to get rid of a pass against Maryland but I'm guessing that won't fly against Iowa's D.

In all three cases I know it'll sound ruthless but bring the heat, get some shots in on an already thin position, no different then picking on a back-up CB that just came in the game.

Now for us be ready with those rb screens, "long hand offs" and draws. Don't abandon the run game and don't run laterally. I would use a power guy like Ozigbo since you're prob. gonna be outnumbered in the box and hit right up the middle, don't pull guards and crap like that to much penetration.

Just my 2 cents.

If he drops back 20 yards and floats one Iowa CB King I think it is will pick it off from the other side of the field.

Say Darlington starts against Iowa. Plays incredibly well. We win. Shows he's a true dual threat. Accurate and can run. What does that do to next years QB race? Is it still Lee and POB? Does Langs re-evaluate his scheme going into next year.Not saying Darlington plays Fri or not. I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt. Not hold for a PAT. Doesn't mean much, but he passes the eyeball test.

They've seen Darlington in practice.

Really?unibrow.gif

So I guess you're saying he has a chance....

3795043_e84449cbe205082a468c41f809fb6090

Darlington could be our best QB but he's had 3 concussions. If like to see him play ,but I don't want to see him dead on the field or with permanent brain damage.

Doesn't matter what you want. It matters what the medical officials determine and what Zack wants.

No, it all depends on what I think.