Any chance we see Darlington?

lo country

BOY lots of crow to be eaten in this thread

No crow to eat here. Fyfe had a decent game against a team that couldn't get out its own way. He doesn't do that last week or next week. Sorry it is what it is.

Don't you think, that just maybe, if your golden child Darlington was the second, or even third, best QB on the team, that he would be out there? Let alone still playing quarterback period?

Honestly, it's probably the whole concussion concern on why Darlington hasn't seen meaningful snaps anywhere.

Fyfe looked better than I figured he would on Saturday but that was against one of the worst defenses in the league. While it's a feel good story that a former walk on got to start and play on senior day, Fyfe isn't going to win us any games that we don't dominate in talent.

At this point, you can't pull a redshirt from POB for one game, but I don't want to see a broken Fyfe play against Iowa. If our offense plays anything like they did in the second half of that maryland game then the Iowa defense is going to eat us alive.

I'd rather see a healthy Darlington play in place of an injured Fyfe if Tommy can't go.

It's truly a lose lose situation no matter what you do if Tommy is out again this week though.

GBR

BOY lots of crow to be eaten in this thread

No crow to eat here. Fyfe had a decent game against a team that couldn't get out its own way. He doesn't do that last week or next week. Sorry it is what it is.

Don't you think, that just maybe, if your golden child Darlington was the second, or even third, best QB on the team, that he would be out there? Let alone still playing quarterback period?

Honestly, it's probably the whole concussion concern on why Darlington hasn't seen meaningful snaps anywhere.

Fyfe looked better than I figured he would on Saturday but that was against one of the worst defenses in the league. While it's a feel good story that a former walk on got to start and play on senior day, Fyfe isn't going to win us any games that we don't dominate in talent.

At this point, you can't pull a redshirt from POB for one game, but I don't want to see a broken Fyfe play against Iowa. If our offense plays anything like they did in the second half of that maryland game then the Iowa defense is going to eat us alive.

I'd rather see a healthy Darlington play in place of an injured Fyfe if Tommy can't go.

It's truly a lose lose situation no matter what you do if Tommy is out again this week though.

GBR

Darlington switched to WR in the off-season. I don't think this has anything to do with concussions.

I haven't seen our coaches use Fyfe the best possible way yet. tommy plays unles he can go. Hopefully he gets in and gets us a big leaf and then they lean darlington finish it which I know is just a dream.

Will this big leaf from Colorado suffice?

Removing-Cannabis-Leaves-to-Maximize-Lig

Looks like the ditch weed that used to grow on the south side of Hwy 2 in Lincoln.

No where in here did I say Darlington was my Golden Child. But let's compare here.

Fyfe / walk on

Darlington / scholarship since day one. Unfortunately he will never see the field other then place holder or spring game. That's obvious since he switched to receiver and well let's say for the sake of saying he just isn't as good as Riemers. Really? Doubt it.

My thing here is Fyfe is Fyfe. He is here to be a walk on or back up some where way down the depth chart. He ain't here to be our championship contending QB.

Ask Ole Miss how pulling the red shirt off their highly touted freshman Qb with 3 games left has worked out for them? Won a big game and lost a bad game. It is what it is.

Can we dispense with the Darlington-still-has-concussion-issues talk? It is not an issue.

He wouldn't be practicing as a WR if it was an issue. He wouldn't be the holder and running swinging-gate PATs if it was an issue. He's been cleared. He is fine now. Not that he can't/won't get another concussion. But his previous issues are basically not a concern at this point.

• Fire 1

Say Darlington starts against Iowa. Plays incredibly well. We win. Shows he's a true dual threat. Accurate and can run. What does that do to next years QB race? Is it still Lee and POB? Does Langs re-evaluate his scheme going into next year.

Not saying Darlington plays Fri or not. I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt. Not hold for a PAT. Doesn't mean much, but he passes the eyeball test.

Say Darlington starts against Iowa. Plays incredibly well. We win. Shows he's a true dual threat. Accurate and can run. What does that do to next years QB race? Is it still Lee and POB? Does Langs re-evaluate his scheme going into next year.

Not saying Darlington plays Fri or not. I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt. Not hold for a PAT. Doesn't mean much, but he passes the eyeball test.

They've seen Darlington in practice.

No where in here did I say Darlington was my Golden Child. But let's compare here.

Fyfe / walk on

Darlington / scholarship since day one. Unfortunately he will never see the field other then place holder or spring game. That's obvious since he switched to receiver and well let's say for the sake of saying he just isn't as good as Riemers. Really? Doubt it.

My thing here is Fyfe is Fyfe. He is here to be a walk on or back up some where way down the depth chart. He ain't here to be our championship contending QB.

Ask Ole Miss how pulling the red shirt off their highly touted freshman Qb with 3 games left has worked out for them? Won a big game and lost a bad game. It is what it is.

With all due respect, I really have no idea what point(s) you're trying to get across here.

Really?

unibrow.gif

I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt.

...you got all of that from watching him stand with his hands out in front of him for a few seconds, then waving at his teammates to come to the middle of the field?

ok

I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt.

...you got all of that from watching him stand with his hands out in front of him for a few seconds, then waving at his teammates to come to the middle of the field?

ok

Yep. And you missed that?

Say Darlington starts against Iowa. Plays incredibly well. We win. Shows he's a true dual threat. Accurate and can run. What does that do to next years QB race? Is it still Lee and POB? Does Langs re-evaluate his scheme going into next year.Not saying Darlington plays Fri or not. I just know when they took the field Sat after the first TD, he looked like he was in beast mode to score and bring the hurt. Not hold for a PAT. Doesn't mean much, but he passes the eyeball test.

Really?unibrow.gif

So I guess you're saying he has a chance....