Iowa Hate Week - Please post to show your love

ADS

They make fun of us for being mediocre since our dynasty run, then ritually celebrate a realistically mediocre season ever 4-5 years amidst not good seasons.

You can't make this stuff up, they are kinda like KSux fans.

I know people occasionally accuse me of being an Iowa homer on this board, which I most assuredly am not, but the only reason I get those accusations is because people aren't fair or rational in their assessments of Iowa's programs.

Since 2001...

Number of 11+ win seasons:

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Number of top 10 finishes:

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Number of conference championships (yes, we are all aware that these were obtained differently than the Big XII):

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Number of major bowl appearances:

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Their program operates quite differently than ours in the sense of having common 4-7 win seasons, but also has seasons sprinkled in that are better than anything we've accomplished in 15 years.

• Fire 3

They make fun of us for being mediocre since our dynasty run, then ritually celebrate a realistically mediocre season ever 4-5 years amidst not good seasons.

I know people occasionally accuse me of being an Iowa homer on this board, which I most assuredly am not, but the only reason I get those accusations is because people aren't fair or rational in their assessments of Iowa's programs.

Since 2001...

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Number of conference championships (yes, we are all aware that these were obtained differently than the Big XII):

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Their program operates quite differently than ours in the sense of having common 4-7 win seasons, but also has seasons sprinkled in that are better than anything we've accomplished in 15 years.

debbie-downer.png

• Fire 3

Since 2001...

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Do you hate Iowa or not?
  • Fire 2

Since 2001...

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

They just celebrated their best season in school history with two consecutive losses, one in a title game and the second in a blowout at the Rose Bowl. So to summarize, not conference title or bowl win.....best season ever!

• Fire 1

Since 2001...

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Do you hate Iowa or not?

Landlord of Kinnick Stadium

• Fire 1

Since 2001...

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 4

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 2

Nebraska - 0

Iowa - 3

Nebraska - 0

No one asked for any semblance of logic in this thread, Deborah.

• Fire 3

They just celebrated their best season in school history...

They have a national championship lol

Do you hate Iowa or not?

Yes. f#*k Iowa. But only based on my own personal feelings and perspective, not by actually trying to make a logical case for it. No need to go there y'all. pooping on Iowa is easy - pooping on iowa by actually trying to compare how bad they are just makes us look dumb.

I think they're very similar to K-State in the Big 12. And there were some seasons where K-State completely embarrassed us.

But I definitely agree with Landlord's assessment.

This season, I see them being on the same basic plane as Minnesota overall, but obviously with a much worse offense. I think if we win this game by starting Ryker with a broken left hand that this entire season is a tip of the hat to Riley's ability to make adjustments that get the most out of his team. I really, really want to win this game.

They claim the 1958 FWAA poll NC...

Actually we don't "claim" it. I don't think you will find anything official claiming an actual championship. It is simply listed in the list of rankings of all polls. I don't know any Iowa fan that actually claims we have a national championship in football.