Two years in....no growth

Calhoun's Falcons beat Boise. HE would've been a good pick.

Did you see the stat line?

6 passes thrown (1 of those by a WR). 26 rushes by a QB out of 77 total attempts.

New age Husker fans would throw a conniption.

Georgia tech runs the hell out of the ball,hell Alot of option with coastal talent.and they suck worse than Nebraska.

That's highly debatable this season.

And they have been better running that system (with much less talent) than NU has been in a while (see the 2014 season for them).

To be fair the other guy lost 1 or 2 games a year to teams he had no buisness losing to. At least we made some improvements there.

Yeah, that's not really true.

And Riley lost more games he shouldn't that Pelini did in seven years.

Well, we know where you stand.

What, lines are being drawn?

This does not bode well for this staff.

time to fire another 9-3 coach? seems to be the prevailing attitude with Nebraska fans.

Yeah, that's the thing. You fire a coach, any coach, and it sets your program back a couple of years. At some point your need to pick a guy and stick with him. I think Riley gathered a pretty good staff around him. And recruiting seems to be going well. So there's that. :dunno:

Yep, not to mention he is still using a team full of Bo's players, it is hard to turn a culture around in two years without a team full of players that he recruited. So all of this doom and gloom is ridiculous at this point. With that said the only thing that is alarming on the season to me is the no show today by the defense. Our LB's have been overaggressive and bad for stretches this season especially MRI, but today it was like we didn't put any on the field.

• Fire 1

Why would we really expect any difference when one looks at the totality of his career and staff.........We hired a .504 coach and staff and expected more. Much more. I think there are several things to consider:

1) I really think Riley was simply hired for PR for the University. The anti Bo. A friendly Mr Rogers who would heal the fan base, alumni and media... The potential to win? Sure. The expectation? No

2) Riley came with high marks and reputation. Riley. Just Riley. I don't remember a lot of "his guys" coming with the same praise i.e. Langs, Banker and Hughes.....In fact, lowly OSU, wanted Banker fired.....a team that had really accomplished nothing....

The demise of Riley will be what doomed Solich (Bohl), Cally (Cosgrove), Bo (Paps, Beck).... His buddies....

As far as hiring a new coach, Jimbo just balked at LSU's offer of 6.8 million/year...... We'd have to still pay Bo and then Riley. If I was SE, I'd call Riley in and let who know who would be gone next year. Fo fiddly for sure. Banker and Langs would be told what the specific expectations were to keep employed past 2017.....

This is what we have. Instead of dropping one to a FCS school like OSU, we get boat raced by OSU or Iowa.....

I don't think that Riley should be fired at this point for a number of reasons, but if he fires three coordinators, then no way in hell should he be the guy making the next hires.

• Fire 1

I was a little uneasy at the beginning of the season with all the skeptics doubting Nebraska's greatness. After our loss to Wisconsin I started to believe them.

I am fully convinced we have a tremendous amount of soul searching to do. Almost all 9 of our wins this season were barely won. We have talent but we have a severe deficiency in execution and consistency; I put quite a bit of that on coaching.

We are more of a bad football team than is Iowa a good football team.

This is just outright unacceptable.

You forgot to mention a lack of depth especially on the lines. The OL needs a huge talent upgrade as you see what walk on talent get you. The DL needs some depth with some guys who can put pressure on the QB without blitzing. That will make the rest of the defense look a lot better.

time to fire another 9-3 coach? seems to be the prevailing attitude with Nebraska fans.

Yeah, that's the thing. You fire a coach, any coach, and it sets your program back a couple of years. At some point your need to pick a guy and stick with him. I think Riley gathered a pretty good staff around him. And recruiting seems to be going well. So there's that. :dunno:

Yep, not to mention he is still using a team full of Bo's players, it is hard to turn a culture around in two years without a team full of players that he recruited. So all of this doom and gloom is ridiculous at this point. With that said the only thing that is alarming on the season to me is the no show today by the defense. Our LB's have been overaggressive and bad for stretches this season especially MRI, but today it was like we didn't put any on the field.

Oh good, the "culture" excuse again.

• Fire 1

I was a little uneasy at the beginning of the season with all the skeptics doubting Nebraska's greatness. After our loss to Wisconsin I started to believe them.

I am fully convinced we have a tremendous amount of soul searching to do. Almost all 9 of our wins this season were barely won. We have talent but we have a severe deficiency in execution and consistency; I put quite a bit of that on coaching.

You forgot to mention a lack of depth especially on the lines. The OL needs a huge talent upgrade as you see what walk on talent get you. The DL needs some depth with some guys who can put pressure on the QB without blitzing. That will make the rest of the defense look a lot better.

Pure bullsh#t unfounded in reality.

If people want to argue that Riley is updating the talent because of what the recruitniks say, then you can't argue that NU doesn't have enough talent when all of the recruitniks say NU was the most talented team in the West.

#quittheplayerblaming

#.500isstill.500

• Fire 1

Oh good, the "culture" excuse again.

Honestly, it's unflipping real how these excuses get trotted out.

I don't even think we should be firing coaches, but for the love of god I wish people would quit blaming these kids for a .500 staff doing what they've always done.

Not sure if Thompson would be the answer. Honestly if Riley took the special teams duties and hired another defensive assistant that can recruit that would be ideal.

Well if we fire Read, we may hire a guy that is solely dedicated to ST. TT is an impressive recruiter so I wouldn't mind him being the TE coach. Have Bray/Riley do ST and then see how that plays out next year. Fo fiddy will be cashing in his retirement check after this year.

I agree with this..

But not sure about talent - maybe more coaching.

I think Riley is a fantastic guy and recruiting appears to be doing better. I'm willing to give him a chance to get his players in here and run the offense he wants to run. But I'm stuck on the thought process of we're still not winning the important games. That hasn't changed at this point and I'm truly becoming exhausted with it. We needed to win against Wisky, didn't happen, we needed to win against OSU or at least be competitive, didn't happen, we HAD to win against Iowa, didn't happen. There needs to be some coaching changes in the ranks. I don't like Langs, but I want to see what he'll do with a different QB at the helm that can actually throw the ball. Banker and Read need to go................

• Fire 2