What must the 2017 team do

7 or less wins...Riley "retires"

Riley "retires", the Calibraska kids transfer to schools back in CA, and NU is left to pick up the pieces again.

I highly doubt that.

Considering we weren't on any of those kids radar before Riley and co. got here I wouldn't call it far fetched.

Granted Riley is what gets them here, but do they all want to sit out a year? Based simply off maybe not wanting to play for the next guy.

Riley "retires", the Calibraska kids transfer to schools back in CA, and NU is left to pick up the pieces again.

I highly doubt that.

Considering we weren't on any of those kids radar before Riley and co. got here I wouldn't call it far fetched.

Granted Riley is what gets them here, but do they all want to sit out a year? Based simply off maybe not wanting to play for the next guy.

Kids are transferring at a higher rate than ever. I don't think it's ever a far-fetched thought of thinking about transfers possibly happening.

I highly doubt that.

Kids are transferring at a higher rate than ever. I don't think it's ever a far-fetched thought of thinking about transfers possibly happening.

But a mass exodus? I don't see it.

I also don't see Riley being fired next year.

So what must the 2017 team do? Well, in my opinion:

1. Find 10-12 OL who are capable and ready to play.

2a. Continue to build depth at DT.

2b. Figure out a way to get speed at DE.

3. Protect the 1st year starter at QB regardless who it is and run the damn ball with physicality.

4a. Get more production out of our special teams.

4b. No blocked punts, no blocked field goal attempts.

4c. Solid to excellent coverage on punts and kickoffs

4d. Find a way to get Pierson-El back to his pre-injury, freshman form.

5. Stay on the positive side of the turnover ratio.

6. Play with 100% effort each snap.

7. Tighter coverage from our secondary. Make "Lockdown U" a reality.

8. Put the team's success before acquisition of personal statistics.