So Which Bowl

ScawFraw

Tennessee sucks a little more than Nebraska.might even be a game to watch.Nebraska against lsu or Florida would be painful.

As a Tennessee fan, I agree that Nebraska is probably better than us right now. Plus at least your coach didn't try to get the Purdue job right after the last regular season game, only to be turned down. Here's a thread from our board about a potential Nebraska vs Tennessee matchup in case you're interested.http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/269184-tn-vs-neb.html
thanks for the link.I've never had an issue with Tennessee or their fans.thank bill dance and bonnaroo for that! Good luck with who ever you guys get in your bowl game.

No problem. Much respect here for Nebraska too.

Here is the thing I've been thinking about today and don't get. Why is it that two traditionally strong programs like Nebraska and Tennessee have had so much trouble getting over the hump and have had almost a 20 year period without a conference championship (I'm not 100% sure when you guys last won the Big 12, but it seems like it was like 99 or early 2000s...sorry if I'm wrong on that), when a program like Penn State goes through possibly the biggest scandal in the history of college sports, almost gets the death penalty, has annual scholarships reduced from 25 to 15, among various other sanctions, yet still wins the B1G title and almost makes the playoff just 5 years later? When all this went down, I remember thinking Penn State probably wouldn't be relevant in football for a decade or two.

Why is it? Luck.

some luck yes.but Penn State hung around with Ohio State to win it on a block returned for a td there is more to it than that.

The luck I was referring to was more to do with things like coaching hires, player health, team chemistry, etc.

• Fire 1

Tennessee sucks a little more than Nebraska.might even be a game to watch.Nebraska against lsu or Florida would be painful.

As a Tennessee fan, I agree that Nebraska is probably better than us right now. Plus at least your coach didn't try to get the Purdue job right after the last regular season game, only to be turned down. Here's a thread from our board about a potential Nebraska vs Tennessee matchup in case you're interested.http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/269184-tn-vs-neb.html
thanks for the link.I've never had an issue with Tennessee or their fans.thank bill dance and bonnaroo for that! Good luck with who ever you guys get in your bowl game.

Here is the thing I've been thinking about today and don't get. Why is it that two traditionally strong programs like Nebraska and Tennessee have had so much trouble getting over the hump and have had almost a 20 year period without a conference championship (I'm not 100% sure when you guys last won the Big 12, but it seems like it was like 99 or early 2000s...sorry if I'm wrong on that), when a program like Penn State goes through possibly the biggest scandal in the history of college sports, almost gets the death penalty, has annual scholarships reduced from 25 to 15, among various other sanctions, yet still wins the B1G title and almost makes the playoff just 5 years later? When all this went down, I remember thinking Penn State probably wouldn't be relevant in football for a decade or two.

PSU has always been in a part of the country where they could get good/great athletes. The population density in Penn/NJ/Ohio is very high and a hotbed of high school football. Last year their team was pretty young and the QB didn't fit the system. This year they did. Sometimes teams catch lightning in a bottle like Iowa last year and Penn St did after starting 2-2. They were lucky to win vs Ohio St or we wouldn't be having this discussion about how great they are. If their QB stays healthy they certainly could be a power in the east.

Why is it? Luck.

Yes the Kind of "luck" you mentioned above.

Why is it? Luck.

some luck yes.but Penn State hung around with Ohio State to win it on a block returned for a td there is more to it than that.

The luck I was referring to was more to do with things like coaching hires, player health, team chemistry, etc.

gotcha.