best worse case scenerio 2017

If we go "Air Raid" Riley will get fired.

Good thing our offense isn't "air raid".
No, it's balanced because......

........why not?

The goal is to be balanced. Not every game is going to have the same ratio for one reason or another.

But you understand that.

I understand that it is totally unnecessary and is why the offense has been inconsistent at best the past 2 years.
who's expert opinion is it that being Balanced on offense is completely unnecessary?
Tom Osborne's.

And how does simple being balanced on offense cause inconsistency?

Jack of all trades master of none. Let's not forget the media reports from last year's fall camp in which offensively they worked exclusively on the pass game. It's a major reason why our run game has been mostly underwhelming.

First of all, just because you can run an offense that is power run does not make balanced football unnecessary. I would guess 3/4 of teams run between a 50-50 and 60-40 split run pass or pass run whatever that team is geared to do.

Preferably I want to run more than pass as well, which we have done. Last year's fall camp was a different animal and they had a complex passing playbook to install, of course they would spend more time on that.

Running and passing in similar proportions does not directly result in bad or inconsistent offense and typically can result in quite the opposite if used effectively. Can these coaches call an effective game plan using the balanced philosophy? That seems to be the question and I'm sure you are of the mind they can't which is fine, but to condemn the entire balanced philosophy is just assinine.

Power running is good football when done the right way. Balanced offense is good football when done the right way. An pass heavy offense can run beautifully when done the right way.

The scheme has nothing to do with it. Most offensive schemes can be effective it all depends on how you utilize what you have within your scheme. Again, our coaches may not be capable of this, but they very well may be as well. 2017 will be a great indicator ofor their ability.

Best case scenario we score 40 PPG and allow 15 PPG (average statistic number, not really hitting these numbers every single game)

Worst case scenario we score 21 PPG and give up 20 or more PPG

Predictions thread with no schedule posted?

Tisk tisk.

Arky State Win

@ Oregon Loss

Northern Illinois Win

Rutgers Win

@ Illinois Win

Wisconsin Loss

Ohio State Loss

(Bye)

@ Purdue Win

Northwestern Toss Up

@ Minnesota Toss Up

@ Penn State Loss

Iowa Loss

I think we could easily lose 5 games. There is nothing we have shown that leads me to believe we can hang with OSU. Helfrich cost Oregon that game. Wisky is Wisky. I hate to admit this, but Iows and PSU are way ahead of NU in the physicality department.........

NW and Minnie are toss ups.........

We lose our most productive pieces on offense. Sadly, we have shown an inability to develop meaningful depth........

Next season, on schedule alone will be tough, then throw in a new QB, a still underperforming OL, a DL that gave up too many big runs, new LB's, no pass rush threat at DE, no TE and we look rough on paper. Maybe the team surprises and we turn the corner. Physically and mentally.

I stand by my above that 10-2 or 9-3 would be a great season. We will need to find a way to split the 5 best chances for loss and not drop a clunker game....