Early 2017 Top 25

Yeah, Fournette really made a big difference for LSU huh?

Bruh...we. are. Actively. Recruiting. Top. Running. Backs. Please. Understand. This.

LSU needs a QB, hello.

So why aren't we getting any of them, like for 20 yrs now? I don't even wanna hear about M Lucky, Ameer was a self made man. We haven't had a blue chip frosh back that could come in and tear it up from the get go since Ahman Green.

Why not? It truly is a head scratcher.

Exactly, LSU needs a QB. It's not all about having a 5* RB.

You second paragraph is all over the place, no clue how to respond to it. Ameer was a lower rated receuit that ended up becoming a great one. We all know this, you aren't offering anything any of us don't already know.

Top recruits are talented, absolutely mind blowing...

Oh snap w your bogus comebacks re Fournette and LSU. Fournette is a great back, period, end of discussion.

We need great backs, it's simple. Evidently you're ok w average backs. Well, don't go whining when we finish in the middle of the pack in the B1G and unrrated again next year and the year after that and so on...

It blows me away NE fans arguing in favor of settling for average backs.

1. Tanner Lee is not a rookie

2. We do have a game changer: De'Mornay Pierson-El. If he's able to field any punts next year, that's a huge plus. Remember, one of the few punts he actually returned, he broke off a long one and set us up in good field position.

3. We damn near beat Wisconsin in Madison. We get them in Lincoln this year. With a QB that can throw.

4. Having an actual threat through the air helps ease the pressure on the run game, ergo, a more effective rushing attack.

5. If you're putting the over/under at seven games, I'll take the over every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

I'll call my shot:

First team all-conference:

Tanner Lee (split coaches/media with Barrett)

Stanley Morgan

De'Mornay Pierson-El

Carlos Davis

Chris Jones

Drew Brown

Freshman all-conference:

Jaevon McQuitty

Jack Stoll

Boe Wilson

Matt Farniok

Marquel Dismuke

Tanner Lee tops 3,000 yards and DPE houses three punt returns.

Everything you said right there...Vegas would set the line at 10000000000000 to 1 to happen.

I don't think I've every seen a bigger non sensical post on this board and there have been A LOT!

Mr. NTV, you are wrong.

Hmm. MattyIce odds update:

1st Team All-Conference

Tanner Lee 10/1

DPE a former AA 15/1

Carlos Davis 25/1

Chris Jones 7/1

Drew Brown 4/1

Rookie All-Conf

McQuitty 25/1

Stoll 75/1

Wilson 33/1

Dismuke 75/1

Farniok 20/1

Tanner Lee 3000 yards - 1/1

DPE 3 PR TD - 33/1

Husker wins less than 7: -285

Odds slightly worse than what Coach will offer you folks.

Worse? :P

Did you mean, better?

I'd rather have your odds you offered, more money for me to win on the same bets. Which is what I meant by "worse"

Bruh...we. are. Actively. Recruiting. Top. Running. Backs. Please. Understand. This.

LSU needs a QB, hello.

So why aren't we getting any of them, like for 20 yrs now? I don't even wanna hear about M Lucky, Ameer was a self made man. We haven't had a blue chip frosh back that could come in and tear it up from the get go since Ahman Green.

You second paragraph is all over the place, no clue how to respond to it. Ameer was a lower rated receuit that ended up becoming a great one. We all know this, you aren't offering anything any of us don't already know.

Oh snap w your bogus comebacks re Fournette and LSU. Fournette is a great back, period, end of discussion.

We need great backs, it's simple. Evidently you're ok w average backs. Well, don't go whining when we finish in the middle of the pack in the B1G and unrrated again next year and the year after that and so on...

Why can't a RB we already have be great? Because they weren't a 5 star?

2. We do have a game changer: De'Mornay Pierson-El. If he's able to field any punts next year, that's a huge plus. Remember, one of the few punts he actually returned, he broke off a long one and set us up in good field position.

3. We damn near beat Wisconsin in Madison. We get them in Lincoln this year. With a QB that can throw.

4. Having an actual threat through the air helps ease the pressure on the run game, ergo, a more effective rushing attack.

5. If you're putting the over/under at seven games, I'll take the over every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

I'll call my shot:

Stanley Morgan

De'Mornay Pierson-El

Carlos Davis

Chris Jones

Drew Brown

Freshman all-conference:

Jaevon McQuitty

Jack Stoll

Boe Wilson

Matt Farniok

Marquel Dismuke

Everything you said right there...Vegas would set the line at 10000000000000 to 1 to happen.

I don't think I've every seen a bigger non sensical post on this board and there have been A LOT!

Mr. NTV, you are wrong.

Hmm. MattyIce odds update:

1st Team All-Conference

Tanner Lee 10/1

DPE a former AA 15/1

Carlos Davis 25/1

Chris Jones 7/1

Drew Brown 4/1

Rookie All-Conf

McQuitty 25/1

Stoll 75/1

Wilson 33/1

Dismuke 75/1

Farniok 20/1

Tanner Lee 3000 yards - 1/1

DPE 3 PR TD - 33/1

Husker wins less than 7: -285

Odds slightly worse than what Coach will offer you folks.

Worse? :P

Did you mean, better?

I'd rather have your odds you offered, more money for me to win on the same bets. Which is what I meant by "worse"

Ah! Gotcha.

LSU needs a QB, hello.

That's an illogical question. Great backs make alotta yds--1500+-- and can perform against great competition. They are difference makers. They usually have high star ratings, but that's not a 100% foolproof system, obviously.

We currently don't have any great backs, it just so happens they were all 3* recruits. If Tre Bryant tears off 1500 yds nxt year, or even 1200(low end) AND performs well against tOSU, Wiscy, etc, then yeah, you could say he had a great year.

I doubt Tre will ever get more than 1000 in a year, JMO.

LSU needs a QB, hello.

That's an illogical question. Great backs make alotta yds--1500+-- and can perform against great competition. They are difference makers. They usually have high star ratings, but that's not a 100% foolproof system, obviously.

We currently don't have any great backs, it just so happens they were all 3* recruits. If Tre Bryant tears off 1500 yds nxt year, or even 1200(low end) AND performs well against tOSU, Wiscy, etc, then yeah, you could say he had a great year.

Alright. So can you find any RB's in the country that ripped off 1500 yards with the same amount of carries any of our RB's had? Since we're measuring greatness by yardage now.

Also, could any of them run behind our line this past season?

• Fire 1

LSU needs a QB, hello.

Alright. So can you find any RB's in the country that ripped off 1500 yards with the same amount of carries any of our RB's had? Since we're measuring greatness by yardage now.

Also, could any of them run behind our line this past season?

Actually, I'm done fielding these silly red herring replies. This aint rocket science. Evidently some fans have forgotton what a great back is and why they are important.

LSU needs a QB, hello.

You're arguing against a point noone is trying to make.... Who said anything about settling for average backs?

• Fire 3

I'll call my shot:

Stanley Morgan

De'Mornay Pierson-El

Carlos Davis

Chris Jones

Drew Brown

Freshman all-conference:

Jaevon McQuitty

Jack Stoll

Boe Wilson

Matt Farniok

Marquel Dismuke

Mr. NTV, you are wrong.

I haven't worked at NTV for years dude. I can see why you'd say that about the freshman picks, but the others... Tanner Lee to Stanley Morgan. You'll get used to hearing that.

DPL, 2014, that was 2 seasons ago. What happened, oh yeah, he blew out his knee, that affected him.

Was the CFB world raving about DPE as a differnce making threat last year? No. In fact he received virtually no national press at all.

As to TL, basically you're saying what you hope will happne based on next to no evidence on what he might do on NE in the B1G.

What I'm saying, is over my decades of CFB watching, a rookie or 1st year starter on a team, in most cases, struggles and loses games. Just ask OR and Sparty last year...

Let's ask USC about Darnold, or Washington about Browning. Each situation is different.

I'm not basing my optimism on "no evidence". I've seen him in practice, in person, several times.

As far as DPE goes, I'm guessing you didn't watch the Oregon game this year.

So, which fan cave are you crawling out (Kansas State?) of to come over and just dispute what other people say rather than actually show you have knowledge about Nebraska football?

I don't hope you enjoy your brief venture into the Red Sea.

Good for you. Your media pass got you into a PRACTICE. You don't have a single clue as to what you are even watching for anyway. You know who else was really good in practice? Patrick Witt, Brion Carnes, AJ Bush, etc....

As for the Oregon comment. Dude, Oregon was trash last year, and that's MY team! Don't hang your hat on a game that every opponent Oregon faced was able to do to.

Also, you mention Darnold and Browning citing that every situation is different. You are damn right every situation is different, so why are you comparing Lee to them? I'm not saying Lee can't be great. I'm disputing your whole "I've seen him in practice" line.

One of my best friends worked on the team and specifically with Shawn Watson and the QB's as a manager. Has a very good knowledge base about QB-ing. He said by far that Zac Lee had the best QB skills (physically) at the time when Ganz was starting and that it wasn't close, but decision making gave Ganz the nod.

Say all you want but any claim that Tanner Lee is going to be the next (insert former QB college great here) is speculation and hope at best.

I hope you are right! NU needs a guy that can help Riley run the system.

Not that it matters, but it wasn't a practice.

How exactly do you know that I "don't have a single clue as to what you are even watching for anyway"? I suppose Archie Manning also doesn't know what he's looking for?

RE: The Oregon comment... Did you even read the post that was in response to? I was citing the fact that when Pierson-El was actually able to return a punt, he showed that he's still capable of doing something with it. If he's able to do that with a guy running into him and no blocking, I imagine he can do something with a little blocking.

Also, did you read the post I was responding to? I'm not comparing Lee to them at all. Quite the contrary! Once again, I was citing specific instances where things happened counter to Nebrowski's statement.

Anyone saying anyone is going to be anything is speculation and hope. At least my speculation and hope is based on something. I've even said in the Tanner Lee thread that it doesn't mean he's going to translate it to the field. I just happen to be optimistic about the matter

I guess we might as well forget about any sort of banter during the off-season. We can't speculate at all what will happen this season.

-------------

You know, I just thought I'd relay what I've seen in practices and my opinion based on that. I didn't think that it would put such a stink in anyone's undercarriage. If you have a problem with reading my opinion, there's an easy way to avoid it. Chill out, man.

We currently don't have any great backs, it just so happens they were all 3* recruits.

Mikale Wilbon and Adam Taylor were both :star :star :star :star 's coming out of high school.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2013

Interestingly enough, they both keep getting beat out for playing time and the #1 RB spot by "just 3 stars". Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

• Fire 1

We currently don't have any great backs, it just so happens they were all 3* recruits.

Mikale Wilbon and Adam Taylor were both :star :star :star :star 's coming out of high school.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2013

Interestingly enough, they both keep getting beat out for playing time and the #1 RB spot by "just 3 stars". Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Had hi hopes for Taylor, thought he may the next big thang. Well, he had bad knees coming in, bad ACL injuries in h.s., if I recall. Still, was supposedly cleared, but then I think he injured them again @ NU. So we will never know.

Haven't completely given up on Wilbon, shows some flashes but doesn't look to be a between the tackle guy. Not big on blocking either, as yet, which is what is mainly keeping him off the field. Perhaps he was overrated, yes, overrated. Tre deserves a 4th star over him. Tre appears to have a chance, we shall see.