Early 2017 Top 25

I've heard that this Bradley fellow us going to end up being a steal.

And we are currently recruiting a top ranked RB for 2018. I'm not worried about the RB position right now. Star ratings aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Yeah they are, just ask Jim Harbaugh re one Dalvin Cook.

I don't think any RB on our roster is currently anywhere near Ameer. So, it's been a big drop off. Tre looks like he has some upside, but he's gonna have to keep working his butt off for anybody to be scared of him.

Well luckily we have guys who are paid to coach players to their full potential.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Yeah I think we will find one to tote the rock pretty successfuly for us. Comparing to other players is fun but pointless.

I'm always more impressed with a team that finishes strong rather than a team that finishes poorly. USC didn't lose to Bama in November. Injuries happen to nearly every team. The teams mostly affected by injuries are those who haven't done a great job recruiting depth. It's okay to admit that we didn't have quality depth. It's also okay to admit that we weren't a great team in 2016. It's also okay to admit that USC was a better team than we were in 2016. The staff took a calculated risk/gamble by redshirting as many as possible. It more than likely will pay dividends in the next couple of years. We are positioning ourselves to get closer to the top teams such as USC.

I respectfully disagree with your last point, we are closing no gaps with the likes of USC and the other top 5-7 teams--usual suspects--that are amassing/hoarding the best talent like it's 2 Americas--which it is, in real life and CFB.

NU is at about a 10+ year holding pattern in recruiting, ave ranking being ~25th, and low and behold, that's usually where we start and finish each season, on average. USC. for e.g., '17 class as per 247 sports gathered 2 five stars, 12 four stars, and 10 3 stars to finish 4th and they are back finishing top 5 or 10 consistently, in recruiting. Well, if you check out the top 6 teams on 247, for e.g., the wealth of talent is off the charts. Bama and tOSU each quite possibly have more 5 star guys than we have 4 star guys. I don't see NU closing many gaps. Our '17 RB is a 3 star kid from Bellevue, NE, for god's sake!!!

2 Americas.

Success doesn't happen over night dude. Year 3 is typically when you see results if the rebuild is paying off. I'm sure you've seen this point mentioned multiple times.

And who cares where our RB is from? Some would be ecstatic that he's a NE kid! And it won't matter if we land a top RB in the 2018 class.

Helton just finished year 2 @ Troy. Has a few early losses, then rolls of 9 straight, beating WA, CO, PSU, UCLA, etc., finishes #3 in the country. Goes into next year @ #3. Evidently, they don't need patience @ USC.

Personally, I'm plenty patient as long as we keep it in a minimal range of redpectability. Waited 25 yrs for OZ to get the big one, so I can wait another 25, which, the way things are going, is prlly what it will take.

But in today's football milieau, Riley's gotta start making hay here pretty quick or he's out the door. Just the way it is.

As to Bradly, I don't care where he comes from, he could come from Mars. I care who he is: he was a 2* guy with 1 other offer from S Dak St. They bumped him a * when Nebby came calling. He's our only RB recruit. If fans aren't concerned about that they just aren't paying att'n.

Academic issues keep teams away and this was the case here. I also seem to believe one of our best DT of all time was rated a 3* coming out of HS.

By the way, Lee played with a broken hand for part of one year so that might be why his stats aren't up to your high standards at Tulane. Plus he will have better receivers here than he had at Tulane. Makes a big difference.

Who knows what POB will become, but you saying he is a bust because he didn't win the back-up position as a true freshman is a joke. Everyone knew Tommy would be the starter and POB would redshirt unless something drastic happened.

Bradley got one other offer from SDSU. Grades, smades, grades never stopped any team from going after a great player. Main deal is, Riley has only pulled in ONE 3* RB per year. That not right. 2-3 high quality RBs at least, each year should be beating down a path to play @ NU, but it seems like pulling teeth to get even just one 3* guy.

I nvr specifically said POB is a bust. Do I feel there is cause for concern? Yes.

Craziest thing is that fans want championships right now but keep justifying getting mostly 3* recruits.

Can't get ther from here.

And we are currently recruiting a top ranked RB for 2018. I'm not worried about the RB position right now. Star ratings aren't all they are cracked up to be.

I don't think any RB on our roster is currently anywhere near Ameer. So, it's been a big drop off. Tre looks like he has some upside, but he's gonna have to keep working his butt off for anybody to be scared of him.

Well luckily we have guys who are paid to coach players to their full potential.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Yeah I think we will find one to tote the rock pretty successfuly for us. Comparing to other players is fun but pointless.

Keep spinning. Riley, to date, has shown no special ability to "coach guys up". Wiscy coaches guys up. Don't know how they do it, but they get er dun.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Keep spinning. Riley, to date, has shown no special ability to "coach guys up". Wiscy coaches guys up. Don't know how they do it, but they get er dun.

What's the spin?? Riley has fired multiple guys he felt weren't doing the job well. I'm not worried in the least about them being able to properly coach a winning team right now.

We have plenty of depth and talent to run the ball. You're the one speculating.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

What's the spin?? Riley has fired multiple guys he felt weren't doing the job well. I'm not worried in the least about them being able to properly coach a winning team right now.

We don't have anyone near the level of Ameer, that's what I'm saying, so we're down about 600-700 yds per year rushing right there.

Riley, well, how does a guy bring in guys he's been working with for many yrs and doesn't know they aren't going to cut it here? Rhetorical question...

Well, it all boils down to the QB at this point. If we're mediocre there, its gonna be a long year.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

We don't have anyone near the level of Ameer, that's what I'm saying, so we're down about 600-700 yds per year rushing right there.

Riley, well, how does a guy bring in guys he's been working with for many yrs and doesn't know they aren't going to cut it here? Rhetorical question...

Well, it all boils down to the QB at this point. If we're mediocre there, its gonna be a long year.

^ All speculation. You're of course entitled to that.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

I would say Riley inherited in a pretty crappy situation with the OL.

Ameer Abdullah is an NFL RB, so using him as a metric is kind of odd.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with that last sentence.

• Fire 1

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Ameer was a mid 3*. We have guys on our roster that were rated higher. Give Bryant time. Also, I don't know how much Bradley went camping like Walker. You don't go to the camps, you don't get the stars. We are just fine at RB right now.

• Fire 1

so we need to find someone of ameer's talent, wasnt he a 3 star recruit that most of the sec schools were looking at as a cb?

• Fire 1

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

I, for one, want as many NFL caliber RBs @ NE as possible at all times.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Ameer was a mid 3*. We have guys on our roster that were rated higher. Give Bryant time. Also, I don't know how much Bradley went camping like Walker. You don't go to the camps, you don't get the stars. We are just fine at RB right now.

Pretty much this ^

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Well, ya don't know if you have NFL caliber talent until their collegiate days are over and they....get drafted to the NFL.

We could have multiple backs on the roster that go to the NFL right now. All rated similar to Ameer. But keep comparing to him, please.

• Fire 1

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Well, ya don't know if you have NFL caliber talent until their collegiate days are over and they....get drafted to the NFL.

We could have multiple backs on the roster that go to the NFL right now. All rated similar to Ameer. But keep comparing to him, please.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I don't recall Ameer coming in and lighting the world on fire. I do remember him putting the ball on the turf a lot tho. So give some of these backs time.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Comparing is what normal people do all the time, right?

Anyway, if Tre keeps improving he has the most likely shot, IMO. Zig? Hmmm, maybe, he's got the right size and build for it, just don't see enough skill set yet. Kind of slow-ish, in particular. Wilbon has a big challenge just staying the 3rd guy.

None are, or will likely be, as good as Ameer. For one, the guy had an insane cutting ability.

Ozigbo

Wilbon

Bryant

Bradley

Miles

Comparing is what normal people do all the time, right?

Anyway, if Tre keeps improving he has the most likely shot, IMO. Zig? Hmmm, maybe, he's got the right size and build for it, just don't see enough skill set yet. Kind of slow-ish, in particular. Wilbon has a big challenge just staying the 3rd guy.

None are, or will likely be, as good as Ameer. For one, the guy had an insane cutting ability.

No, because then nothing will ever satisfy you. Do you compare your significant other to other girls/guys?