Kintner in hot water again

Bill Kintner criticized for retweet after Women's March

Now is the perfect time to get this clown removed from office, particularly in conjunction with last year's cybersex scandal.
It doesn't matter whether it was intended to be a joke or what his opinions (or anyone's opinions) are on the marches - this type of behavior from an elected official is unacceptable, particularly when he supposed to be representative and respectful of all his constituents.

On Sunday, the senator retweeted a photograph and comment about the Women’s March that appears to many people to make light of sexual assault.
By Monday morning, his office telephone was ringing constantly and his voice mail was full with calls from people objecting to the retweet. Twitter was buzzing with critics.
Kintner himself was not available for comment, but had deleted his Twitter account. His staff said he was working on a statement.
The original tweet was sent by talk show host Larry Elder. It had a photo of three women who appeared to be middle-aged, holding signs saying “Not this pu&&y” and “Not mine either.”
The signs referenced comments made by President Donald Trump about grabbing women by their genitals, an action that would constitute sexual assault.
  • Fire 1

Agreed. Bill Kintner put his foot in his mouth by retweeting the joke made at the protesters' expense. He's a piss poor politician if he can't filter his remarks. But I have to wonder just what sort of reaction the three ladies were looking for? What did they expect their critics to say?

Agreed. Bill Kintner put his foot in his mouth by retweeting the joke made at the protesters' expense. He's a piss poor politician if he can't filter his remarks. But I have to wonder just what sort of reaction the three ladies were looking for? What did they expect their critics to say?

That's a question I wondered as well - do we not expect vulgarity to be matched with vulgarity? But, they are matching the language presented by our now president.

I think one could question if their approach was wise. But, they're now the subject of a heap of criticism being thrown at Kintner which brings more attention to their cause. It's also indirectly putting shade on Trump as Kintner is a large supporter.

From what I saw, the picture (of 3 women holding their signs without a caption) was a ReTweet, but the "joke" was typed by him. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What's the reason these women should have expected criticism?

They were protesting the president at his inauguration. Their right to do so is protected under the First Amendment. As is the right of Trump supporters to criticize them.

They were protesting the president at his inauguration. Their right to do so is protected under the First Amendment. As is the right of Trump supporters to criticize them.

No, they were protesting his projected policies the day after his resignation (inauguration, dang spell check :) ). You are correct that both are forms of first Amendment speech. But an elected official should be above that, at least I believe.

Just curious, are you okay with a school teacher talking about what "hot girls" a boy student in his class "should bang"? Why or why not?

No, they were protesting his projected policies the day after his resignation (inauguration, dang spell check :) ). You are correct that both are forms of first Amendment speech. But an elected official should be above that, at least I believe.

Just curious, are you okay with a school teacher talking about what "hot girls" a boy student in his class "should bang"? Why or why not?

First, I'm not a supporter of Donald Trump. But I also think that if someone is exercising their First Amendment rights by staging a protest at an inauguration, they shouldn't be thin skinned when others who support that president exercise *their* First Amendment rights by criticizing or mocking the protesters.

strawman-motivational1.jpg

• Fire 1

First, I'm not a supporter of Donald Trump. But I also think that if someone is exercising their First Amendment rights by staging a protest at an inauguration, they shouldn't be thin skinned when others who support that president exercise *their* First Amendment rights by criticizing or mocking the protesters.

strawman-motivational1.jpg

Not a "strawman". I will assume you, like any normal person, would feel it would be entirely inappropriate of a teacher to talk like this. Why? Because the position of teacher requires a certain level of tact. It would be well within the teacher's First Amendment rights, but absolutely disgusting.