The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It doesn't matter who uploaded it... It's a legal document that was/is used for legal proceedings.... I know it's inconvenient for you... 

Oh yeah, SUPER inconvenient that a guy under criminal investigation for corruption gave this statement.  I suppose Roger Stone wasn't available because of his incarceration?

:laughpound

For anyone who doesn't know about Shokin, read up:

Source 1

Source 2

This guy is swampier than a turtle.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oh yeah, SUPER inconvenient that a guy under criminal investigation for corruption gave this statement.  I suppose Roger Stone wasn't available because of his incarceration?

:laughpound

For anyone who doesn't know about Shokin, read up:

Source 1

Source 2

This guy is swampier than a turtle.

Sorry everybody's not a boy scout like the ones on your side :rolleyes::rollin

20 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

He alleges that:

-Obama/Biden directly manipulated political leadership in Ukraine on false pretenses

-Biden's demand for Shokin to be fired was directly related to the Burisma investigation

So. No meddling in the 2016 elections like Republicans are claiming. Which....is the propaganda Putin is peddling. 

ok. 

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That side does not exist. Try again.

From the guy who just tried to use Viktor Shokin's statement as proof of... whatever that attempt was, I'm going to politely not accept your understanding of what does or doesn't exist.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

He alleges that:

-Obama/Biden directly manipulated political leadership in Ukraine on false pretenses

-Biden's demand for Shokin to be fired was directly related to the Burisma investigation

Among other things...

So no manipulation of the 2016 election like what Putin has been peddling and the Republicans are trying to convince everyone of.

Got it.  

2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

What an absolute bunch of malarkey....

You see.....this goes back to this statement.  You claimed the Republicans that are in the quote you quoted aren't guilty of being traitors to our country.  I then spelled it out for you in this:

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Every intelligence agence in the US claims Russia meddled in the 2016 elections = Fact

Trump meets with Putin secretly and comes out looking like a whipped dog in a joint press conference proclaiming, "I don't see why it would be Russia" and "I believe Putin when he tells me" = Fact

Putin claims it was Ukraine that meddled in the 2016 elections = Fact

Every intelligence agency and investigation in the US proves it was Russia NOT Ukraine that meddled in the 2016 election = Fact

Republicans like Trump, Graham, Kennedy and their media outlets (the ones listed) including Fox News continue to promote it was Ukraine that meddled in the 2016 elections = Fact

Republican propagandists like Tucker Carlson have come out recently claiming they support Russia and don't see anything wrong with Putin = Fact

Congressional investigations came out recently claiming that there is no evidence Ukraine meddled in 2016 elections = Fact

Republicans are still promoting the theory it was Ukraine that meddled in 2016 elections = Fact

Putin (and other world leaders obviously) is laughing at how stupid the Republicans are = Fact.

Not sure how the statement is incorrect.

You then responded with this:

https://www.scribd.com/document/427618359/Shokin-Statement#from_embed

Which, I can't find anything in there about meddling in the 2016 election.

You then went on some really strange tangent where you totally ignored that the Republicans are promoting Putin propaganda (which is what the article accused them of and you disagreed with).

So..I keep asking the same question.

58 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That is a direct testimonial written by Ukraine's ousted prosecutor Shokin.

Ukraine's ousted prosecutor Shokin, who's firing was being called for by the likes of the IMF, the EU, the EBRD, ambassadors for at least eight countries, the United States government, and foreign investors, who was reported, by anti corruption activists and prosecutors in Ukraine that worked under him and were PUSHING to investigate Burisma, to have sabotaged/obstructed/killed the investigation into Burisma rather than been conducting it, and who was following a legacy of the two chief prosecutors before him of working to bury investigations into Burisma. 

That's the person you're talking about.

43 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It was related, but completely the opposite of the way you're suggesting. Biden was calling for Shokin TO investigate Burisma. 

Hunter Biden joined the Burisma board in 2014. It was already in a huge corruption scandal, and Ukraine, the UK, and the US had all opened investigations into it. Shokin became prosecutor general a year later, but Ukraine's investigation into Burisma went silent and dark. That's when Biden, and many others, started calling for Shokin's resignation, in the context of him being corrupt or ineffectual. Biden was trying to reform Ukraine's prosecution offices.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You see.....this goes back to this statement.  You claimed the Republicans that are in the quote you quoted aren't guilty of being traitors to our country.  I then spelled it out for you in this:

You then responded with this:

https://www.scribd.com/document/427618359/Shokin-Statement#from_embed

Which, I can't find anything in there about meddling in the 2016 election.

You then went on some really strange tangent where you totally ignored that the Republicans are promoting Putin propaganda (which is what the article accused them of and you disagreed with).

So..I keep asking the same question.

And I answered, so keep asking if you want, idc

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

WHILE TRYING TO USE THE WORDS OF A DISGRACED CORRUPT FORMER UKRAINE OFFICIAL AS SOME KIND OF PROOF

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Ukraine's ousted prosecutor Shokin, who's firing was being called for by the likes of the IMF, the EU, the EBRD, ambassadors for at least eight countries, the United States government, and foreign investors, who was reported, by anti corruption activists and prosecutors in Ukraine that worked under him and were PUSHING to investigate Burisma, to have sabotaged/obstructed/killed the investigation into Burisma rather than been conducting it, and who was following a legacy of the two chief prosecutors before him of working to bury investigations into Burisma. 

That's the person you're talking about.

It was related, but completely the opposite of the way you're suggesting. Biden was calling for Shokin TO investigate Burisma. 

Hunter Biden joined the Burisma board in 2014. It was already in a huge corruption scandal, and Ukraine, the UK, and the US had all opened investigations into it. Shokin became prosecutor general a year later, but Ukraine's investigation into Burisma went silent and dark. That's when Biden, and many others, started calling for Shokin's resignation, in the context of him being corrupt or ineffectual. Biden was trying to reform Ukraine's prosecution offices.

And this is where the madness comes in.  There's no "there" in any of the Biden/Burisma nonsense, and Republicans know it.

The point is to spread implications. Everything is just surface-level rumor and innuendo.  They can't delve into the facts of the Shokin/Biden/Burisma thing because what they're implying doesn't work with the actual timeline of events.

The smear is the point.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

For some reason the Republicans and @ActualCornHusker keep trying to gloss over these points.