WR Jacob Amie

Our tight ends for the year have 35 receptions for 336 yards and 10 touchdowns. Nothing to great but they have been very effective in the red zone and honestly I don't think we look for them between the 20s all that much. I don't think that it is because they can't make plays but because our first and second options are getting open and Taylor is throwing them the ball. From what I have heard, McNeil is doing great so far and could turn in to a great player at tight end for us over the next four years. I think with him along with the other seven tight ends that we will have back next year plus the other tight end recruit that has already commited, it would be in the team's best interest to use the last couple of scholarships on offensive lineman since we really have no one at that spot in this class.

Keep in mind we have a fairly young OL now, and a few good ones that are in the wings. and some more help will be on the way.

I still don't think any of the TE's are an "Amie" or "Fleener" type of threat though. And i am willing to bet that close 70% of that TE production came against Non-conf. Maybe because we were using sets that got them open.... once defenses had that figured out they couldn't get themselves open with speed and agility. IMHO

after a RS year, and the amount of different TE's we use, I could see a threat like this playing early. again IMHO

If the coaches are still trying to get someone like this I have a feeling they know something we don't. Lets just see what happens.

We will have 14-16 scholarships offensive lineman back next year (don't know if to count Picou as I thought he went to the d-line, or Lane Kelly couldn't remember if he was on a scholie). As of now we have zero oline recruits. It would not be wise to have zero or to only bring one aboard. As of now, next year we will have 22 lineman (six walkons + 0 recruits) and ten tight ends (4 walkons + 1 recruit). A 2/1 ratio of offensive lineman to tight ends on the roster is not very good considering that on average we will line up with a 5/1 ratio of lineman to tight ends on the field.

We all saw how our offense struggled last year with a poor offensive line. I do not want to see that again. Learning to play on the line in college takes time, it is a position that we need to keep well stocked and let the players redshirt and develop before forcing them into action.

Our offense goes as the line goes, if they suck, then the offense will suck. In the WCO a great tight end is a luxury, a great offensive line is a PRIORITY.