Mavric

DB Marquez Beason [Illinois - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Marquez Beason
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
School: Bishop Dunne
Position: Wide Receiver, Cornerback
Height: 5-11
Weight: 173
40 time:
Offers: Colorado, Colorado State, LSU, Mississippi, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, SMU, Texas A&M
Visits: 4/15/17 - Spring Game

Twitter

247 Composite: #54 Overall; #5 ATH; .9706;  :star:star:star:star

Rivals: #83 Overall; #9 ATH; :star:star:star:star
247: #78 Overall; #6 ATH; :star:star:star:star
ESPN:

Hudl

Yeah - don't like that he outright says he's open to being pursued by others.

Guys who don't say this mean this, though. Just be happy! There will be many commits and decommits from now til then. This is as positive a development as there can be at this early juncture.

• Plus1 1

Sounds like he used his commitment to raise his stock nationally. Since his commitment he has been offered by lots of schools including Baylor, Texas, UCLA, Ohio State, Houston, and Georgia.

Sounds like he used his commitment to raise his stock nationally. Since his commitment he has been offered by lots of schools including Baylor, Texas, UCLA, Ohio State, Houston, and Georgia.

Since he committed the spring evaluation period started. Lots of new offers going out around this time. I feel it's a bit disingenuous to say a recruit is using us every time one decommits or tweets #GBR.

Since he committed the spring evaluation period started. Lots of new offers going out around this time. I feel it's a bit disingenuous to say a recruit is using us every time one decommits or tweets #GBR.

I get what you are saying and you are correct in general. This is the first time I've claimed a recruit has used us (not saying he is a bad guy) and I don't think I am wrong in this case. He was somewhat under the radar before he committed then blew up after, yes spring evaluations also play into that. All I am saying is, his stock went up after he committed. I cant say I have any hard feelings towards him. If that's what he needed to do to get noticed then do what you have to do. It's apart of the game.

Wow! Based on his message when he committed I figured he'd be with us for the long haul.

Jk. Fairly expected, when you say your still open to being recruited. Great athlete, hopefully we'll still be in play in a year and a half.

Completely understand his rationale and it was extremely early in the process for him to commit. Hopefully he still considers us once the time comes to signing on the dotted line.

Better win this season because kids will start to see through the smoke and mirrors recruiting pitches and this 2019 class will just be another average class.

Better win this season because kids will start to see through the smoke and mirrors recruiting pitches and this 2019 class will just be another average class.

Boy blanket, you sure are wet.

Hate to say it, but move on. Got swayed by the prettier options, no need to waste another 6 months to come up empty handed.

Hate to say it, but move on. Got swayed by the prettier options, no need to waste another 6 months to come up empty handed.

2019 kid, so December signing period is still 19 months away for this youth

Which is why I made the statement above. We win a B1G championship this year or at least make the title game, we start to be one of those prettier options and kids take notice. The staff still has some leeway with recruits because they are not all their players but that is going to end soon and kids will notice if youre still only winning 8-9 games a season. Need to deliver this year to get kids like this interested again.

• Upvote 1

Which is why I made the statement above. We win a B1G championship this year or at least make the title game, we start to be one of those prettier options and kids take notice. The staff still has some leeway with recruits because they are not all their players but that is going to end soon and kids will notice if youre still only winning 8-9 games a season. Need to deliver this year to get kids like this interested again.

Solid point. We have the chance to be the prettier option down the road.

But right now I wouldn't focus much effort on flipping him back. He's keeping us in his top group which is good I guess, but I totally get why he decommitted.