Spring Practice - Offensive Line

I don't know how you can look at last year and equate that to this year. No Jerald Foster and alot of our backups were walk on players. We now have scholarship lineman to back up all of our starters, that should make a difference. Having Jerald Foster out there instead of Haun should make a difference. Knevel not playing on a bum wheel(supposedly) should make a difference. We will see on that last one as I'm not sold on Knevel but we are in better shape than a year ago plain and simple.

Again I it's legit to see the o line as an area of concern after last year's performance. You can 'what if' all you want.

it is a concern but to assume we will be the same as last year is asinine for the reasons I pointed out. You didn't give any supporting info to your argument other than we were bad last year. Not a very good argument imo

Again you are far more confident than I or apparently the head coach of our team are.

I don't know how you can look at last year and equate that to this year. No Jerald Foster and alot of our backups were walk on players. We now have scholarship lineman to back up all of our starters, that should make a difference. Having Jerald Foster out there instead of Haun should make a difference. Knevel not playing on a bum wheel(supposedly) should make a difference. We will see on that last one as I'm not sold on Knevel but we are in better shape than a year ago plain and simple.

Again I it's legit to see the o line as an area of concern after last year's performance. You can 'what if' all you want.

it is a concern but to assume we will be the same as last year is asinine for the reasons I pointed out. You didn't give any supporting info to your argument other than we were bad last year. Not a very good argument imo

Again you are far more confident than I or apparently the head coach our our team are.

Did Mike Riley explicitly state we are in the same place as last year?? He said we need to improve. He is expecting a top 3 rushing attack. I would really be surprised if we didn't have a ways to go. Just because the Oline isn't performing right now in no way means Riley doesn't have faith they will. You ask Mike Riley where he thinks we will be at season's end and I bet his answer is alot more optimistic than you are saying he feels

Again you are far more confident than I or apparently the head coach our our team are.

Did Mike Riley explicitly state we are in the same place as last year?? He said we need to improve. He is expecting a top 3 rushing attack. I would really be surprised if we didn't have a ways to go. Just because the Oline isn't performing right now in no way means Riley doesn't have faith they will. You ask Mike Riley where he thinks we will be at season's end and I bet his answer is alot more optimistic than you are saying he feels

1 more time?

jb.gif

Also I'm not playing the what if game whatsoever. I'm stating facts. Foster WILL be back, we WILL have scholarship depth, Knevel WILL be more healthy. Assuming otherwise is playing the what if game

Last word.

It's hard not to respond when you're are so far off base. You have been playing what if I've been giving supporting facts.

Also I'm not playing the what if game whatsoever. I'm stating facts. Foster WILL be back, we WILL have scholarship depth, Knevel WILL be more healthy. Assuming otherwise is playing the what if game

Last word.

It's hard not to respond when your are so far off base. You have been playing what if I've been giving supporting facts.

Trumpet

Let's wager on it. Huskers finish top half of the league in rushing you +1 all of my posts for a week. Bottom half I +1 all of your posts for a month

Even if I won I wouldn't expect you to plus one each of my posts for an entire month. Let's just say I would love seeing the Huskers finish in the top half of the conference in rushing this year. Do I expect that after last year's ranking and with a seemingly pass oriented offense coming this season? Anything is possible I suppose. I can't say it seems likely.

Again terrible reasons to predict a poor season on the ground this year. Riley said we aren't a passing offense, since you are so caught up on his quotes. This year is not last year. Since we will never agree I'm willing to put my reputation on the line, are you?

You're pretty sure of yourself which is a good thing for you. Also one's overall performance being an indicator of next year's performance isn't what I'd call 'terrible reasoning'.

You're assuming a noticeable increase in performance from a group that already under performed last year. It's as simple as that...

Again terrible reasons to predict a poor season on the ground this year. Riley said we aren't a passing offense, since you are so caught up on his quotes. This year is not last year. Since we will never agree I'm willing to put my reputation on the line, are you?

You're pretty sure of yourself which is a good thing for you. Also one's overall performance being an indicator of next year's performance isn't what I'd call a 'terrible reason'.

You're assuming a noticeable increase in performance from a group that already under performed last year. It's as simple as that...

But the thing is, there are alot of differences between this year's line and the one that put up a terrible performance, which I have pointed out and you have ignored. The group that underperformed had Utter at center and Haun at guard and zero for backups. This group has Decker at center(maybe an upgrade, maybe not) Foster at guard (definitely an upgrade) and enough scholarship lineman to make a second unit. So I don't think it's too far fetched to expect better results from a line that upgraded it's depth and overall starting 5 and has another year of experience.

You are basing your prediction on last year's performance and quotes by Riley which you have twisted to mean this line won't get it done. He never said that. I'm sorry if I don't see that as an accurate representation of our line

You're pretty sure of yourself which is a good thing for you. Also one's overall performance being an indicator of next year's performance isn't what I'd call a 'terrible reason'.

But the thing is, there are alot of differences between this year's line and the one that put up a terrible performance, which I have pointed out and you have ignored. The group that underperformed had Utter at center and Haun at guard and zero for backups. This group has Decker at center(maybe an upgrade, maybe not) Foster at guard (definitely an upgrade) and enough scholarship lineman to make a second unit. So I don't think it's too far fetched to expect better results from a line that upgraded it's depth and overall starting 5 and has another year of experience.

You are basing your prediction on last year's performance and quotes by Riley which you have twisted to mean this line won't get it done. He never said that. I'm sorry if I don't see that as an accurate representation of our line

So you know for sure that all of these guys are going to be 'upgrades' and that our backup linemen who have never played are going to A) actually play when their position coach is known for not playing backups and that B) the guys from last year actually develop (A major gripe with many regarding Cavanaugh) into better linemen this year?

To reiterate. You're assuming a noticeable increase in performance from a group that already under performed last year. It's as simple as that...

So you know for sure that all of these guys are going to be 'upgrades' and that our backup linemen who have never played are going to A) actually play when their position coach is known for not playing backups and that B) the guys from last year actually develop (A major gripe with many regarding Cavanaugh) into better linemen this year?

To reiterate. You're assuming a noticeable increase in performance from a group that already under performed last year. It's as simple as that...

Decker I don't know for sure. Foster I do know for sure, he was going to be the starter last year for a reason.

And the backups will play if our starters get hurt, which is what happened a year ago. Is it wrong of me to assume our recruits can fill in better than our walkons when asked to step in due to injury?

And is this "Cav can't develop" gripe coming from Oregon State fans? Because I would say he has not had sufficient time here to judge him on development. After this season that will no longer be true but as of now I don't think we have enough of a sample to say he has done a bad job developing at Nebraska.

I really believe we will get better, and I really feel like there is more evidence supporting me than you and that's why I am willing to put my reputation on the line to say we will be better. I honestly see no way we could not improve barring multiple season ending injuries.

So I suppose you are right. But if we indeed underperformed a year ago would that mean we have the capacity to do better? And that its more likely they will peform up to their talent rather than underperform again?