Fairytale Prisoner by Choice

But you didn't do that. No one on here did that. We said we shouldn't talk about it. Clearly their relationship doesn't impact his performance, it can't get much worse. This just seems like click bait. It's a funny clip, but intellectually useless.

Well, if the argument is it didn't need to be posted because he already does a poor job and their relationship can't make it much worse, then I think that's a somewhat misguided train of thought. Melania is presumably one of the most influential people in his life. Furthermore, we shouldn't ignore data even if we already assume an outcome.

Forgive the hyperbolic analogy, but if someone is serving a life sentence for committing two murders and we find out years later that they committed two more, that additional data is still relevant. I know that's a bit extreme but I think the point is relatively clear.

Well, if the argument is it didn't need to be posted because he already does a poor job and their relationship can't make it much worse, then I think that's a somewhat misguided train of thought. Melania is presumably one of the most influential people in his life. Furthermore, we shouldn't ignore data even if we already assume an outcome.

Forgive the hyperbolic analogy, but if someone is serving a life sentence for committing two murders and we find out years later that they committed two more, that additional data is still relevant. I know that's a bit extreme but I think the point is relatively clear.

I wonder how much influence she has on Donald.

"One of the main focuses of [her] work if [she was] priviliged enough to become [our] first lady" was anti-cyberbullying. And, "as leaders of our shared global community, we must continue to work towards gender empowerment and respect for people from all backgrounds and ethnicities, remembering always that we are all members of one race, the human race."

• Fire 1

Key word there is "presumably". There has been very little evidence that this is the case. In most relationships I'd agree with you - not this one though.

Influence can occur in a variety of styles and formats. Many of us are either in relationships or have been in them. Would you say your interactions impact you, whether it's a simple hug or (in the case of Trump) getting your hand slapped away?

Regardless, the minutiae of influence was not my point. Situations like this shouldn't be ignored because of pre-conceived notions about President Trump's character.