The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, RedDenver said:

I don't think it's weird she told a very personal story of sexual assault to some people and not others.

I agree that the different versions of the story make her claim harder to verify, but my post you were responding to was about the argument that this is just being brought up in 2020 or is just about Biden running for President. The neighbor's confirmation shows this goes back to at least 1996.

It doesn't, because the neighbor didn't report this until 2020. The neighbor says she was told this story in 1996. Unfortunately, there's no proof of that.

Now, if the neighbor told her husband, or she kept a diary and wrote it down, that would be different. But we don't know if that conversation truly happened or if the neighbor is misremembering a conversation from 24 years ago.

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The neighbor also admitted that Reade called her "just recently" to remind her about the Biden thing, before she came out publicly. Not to mention another reporter called her brother and had him change his story after his interview with the Washington Post (he admitted it on twitter like an idiot). I don't think she should be completely dismissed, but there are massive read flags in the story, I think if we get her written senate complaint verified, or verified it doesn't exist, that would go a long ways.

Whether Reade called her old neighbor or not doesn't really matter. Unless you're trying to insinuate that both Reade and her neighbor are lying.

I agree we should investigate the existence of the complaint, but Biden has insisted that he won't agree to letting the U Delaware records be searched.

Just now, knapplc said:

It doesn't, because the neighbor didn't report this until 2020. The neighbor says she was told this story in 1996. Unfortunately, there's no proof of that.

Now, if the neighbor told her husband, or she kept a diary and wrote it down, that would be different. But we don't know if that conversation truly happened or if the neighbor is misremembering a conversation from 24 years ago.

So now Reade and the neighbor are both lying? Or misremembering?

You're reaching really far just to hold onto the argument that Reade started making this up since Biden was the likely nominee.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Whether Reade called her old neighbor or not doesn't really matter. Unless you're trying to insinuate that both Reade and her neighbor are lying.

I agree we should investigate the existence of the complaint, but Biden has insisted that he won't agree to letting the U Delaware records be searched.

Off the top of your head, what kind of record do you think would verify Reade's account?  And why would it be in these files?

Just now, RedDenver said:

So now Reade and the neighbor are both lying? Or misremembering?

You're reaching really far just to hold onto the argument that Reade started making this up since Biden was the likely nominee.

So you don't think it's possible Reade is lying and the neighbor is misremembering?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

What???

He's specifically asked for them to be searched.

Biden asked for the National Archives to be searched, not the files curated by U Delaware.

They're two different kinds of files. One is an account of the things Biden did as a Senator, such as his voting record, his appointments, the committees he was on, etc. That's at U Delaware.

The National Archives hold the files that dealt with the day-to-day operations of his office. Those are where personnel records would be kept, and that's what Biden is trying to have made available.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

But that's not where they would be, so why should he? Biden has requested the complainant and any other docs relating to Reade be released to the public by the body that has them - this is what everyone should want. 

Just now, knapplc said:

Off the top of your head, what kind of record do you think would verify Reade's account?  And why would it be in these files?

The record won't verify Reade's account. But she says it exists and Biden says it doesn't. One of the sides is correct and the other is not. When we're talking about credibility, these things matter.

It might be in those files because those are Biden's archived Senate records. There's some debate over where the complaint would actually be:

In his first televised interview about Tara Reade, Joe Biden said his old office personnel records aren’t among the senatorial papers he sent to the University of Delaware. The personnel records — which might shed some light on Reade’s claim that she filed a workplace complaint with the Senate in 1993 — are in the National Archives, he said.

But the National Archives said those records are actually held by the Senate. Yet Senate rules governing the preservation of documents suggested they’re held by the General Services Administration ... which said the documents are located at the National Archives.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Biden asked for the National Archives to be searched, not the files curated by U Delaware.

They're two different kinds of files. One is an account of the things Biden did as a Senator, such as his voting record, his appointments, the committees he was on, etc. That's at U Delaware.

The National Archives hold the files that dealt with the day-to-day operations of his office. Those are where personnel records would be kept, and that's what Biden is trying to have made available.

OK...So...he wants the National Archives to be searched that hold his personnel files.

He doesn't want the U of Delaware to be searched that holds the records of his voting record and documents behind those votes.

Hmmmm.....OK.  where do you think complaints would be with an employee that isn't happy?

And...where do you think political opposition is going to find dirt on issues to use against him.

Seems logical to me that he is willing to have one searched but not the other.

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It is an issue, because the only evidence we have to go off of is her word. You can't say, "I filed a sexual harassment complainant with the senate", then when Biden calls the bluff to prove his side of the story, she says "okay I didn't use the term assault or sexual harassment, I maybe used the term uncomfortable". In your example you used an exact date, if we had an exact date to go off of, we could confirm Biden was in DC and  a possible interaction with Reade occurred, or he might have been in another freaking country. A lack of details, and a changing of details is a massive issue. It makes it impossible to corroborate her story, and it makes it impossible for Biden to clear his name.

Wow how things have changed...I am happy they have changed but man what a difference from about 6 months ago.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...So...he wants the National Archives to be searched that hold his personnel files.

He doesn't want the U of Delaware to be searched that holds the records of his voting record and documents behind those votes.

Hmmmm.....OK.  where do you think complaints would be with an employee that isn't happy?

And...where do you think political opposition is going to find dirt on issues to use against him.

Seems logical to me that he is willing to have one searched but not the other.

The reason it's become complicated is because the National Archives said the Senate would have the complaint, which if true means the complaint would be in the U Delaware records.

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So you don't think it's possible Reade is lying and the neighbor is misremembering?

Even if the neighbor is misremembering and it was 2006 instead of 1996, that doesn't change anything about the argument I was arguing against.

Is it possible Reade is lying and the neighbor is misremembering or lying about the actual assault? Yes, it's possible. But it's also possible Biden is lying or misremembering. It's not about what's possible, but what's most likely given the evidence. The neighbor has nothing to gain by coming forward in this case and a whole lot to lose, so you'd have to think she'd be really certain before coming forward. She could have remained silent and the public would have never known.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The reason it's become complicated is because the National Archives said the Senate would have the complaint, which if true means the complaint would be in the U Delaware records.

The secretary of the senate basically admits it's the right place, but they won't disclose the files, or if they even exist at all.