QB Logan Gray

well, well, well.......lots of folks getting nervous....that was me several weeks ago, relax, the top guys (that we know about, at this point) are gone......water under the bridge......

so now we are looking for something that is a bit hidden, something no one else has found, something that most good teams will not be in the market for after this year's high school season is well underway....there will undoubtedly be some high school qbs that improve vastly in their senior year (there always is)

and they will be the ones we seek...may not even have a very good idea who they are at this point.......

then again, maybe the coaches already do know about a couple "sleepers" out there and therfore are still reluctant to take what looks to us as "should be taken"......this is one of those times, when you gotta be patient and trust that these coaches are scouring the schools and in touch with some high school coaches that have someone they think we should be looking at..

remember, we just need a solid (not spectacular) kid with some physical ability and game smarts, coachable, etc. i think we need a kid with a strong arm that can stretch the field and make a defense worry about the long ball.....i don't think Stengal gives us that and the coaches still won't settle for his other demonstrated abilities.....let's relax and not focus on this so much.....this one is truly in the hands of cally and norvell.......they are getting paid to worry about it....it's their job not ours.........

hunter94

For the record, being concerned by the fact that the top QBs are dropping off the board is not the same thing as dumping a load one's shorts. I've never said we are doomed, or that all is lost. I have made clear, however, that we are in a precarious position because of all the early commits, the fact that most of the top remaining QBs don't have us high on the list AND the fact that Beck isn't close to being ready. I'm not questioning anyone's passion, but let's at least acknowledge where we are.

If Beck were looking good, I'd have no problem with our current status. Furthermore, if Lee/Mallet/Forcier were still uncommitted, I'd be cool as well. If Garcia or a couple other top uncommits had us high on their lists, I'd be cool. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Hence the cause for worry.

FOR THE LAST TIME, I'm not suggesting BC and the crew haven't identified a hidden gem (although if Stengel were one - he'd have an offer by now, no?). Nor am I suggesting that we are necessarily out of it for Lee. But the way things sit now, we are NOT in a good spot. That's all.

Sorry, all. I guess after seeing Leinart and V. Young do what they've done over the past few years, I'm a little bit star-struck for an elite QB. It never hurts, right?

The 5 star qb can make up for a lack of talent elsewhere. I am curious to see how those teams manage without them around. Just my opinion but a well balanced team talent wise seems to be a more manageable beast. I don't follow all the recruiting sites but I'll sit on the fence about whether we are SOL in the qb department for the year. My knee jerk reaction when BC signed ZT was :wtf a JUCO qb???. Not too bad BC. Maybe that is the route until more HS kids see the program progressing and more players bound for that huge NFL payday.

As always GBR

and yes I'd like to see Gray in the Scarlet and Cream if our coaching staff feel he would be a good player for OUR team. :horns2

Lets all take a DEEP breath........... I can understand why some are getting a little on edge . I personally am not worried. I guess its due to the track record so far that are coaches have in the recruiting classes they have landed.

We will land a capable ( maybe a bit raw ) Qb before its said and done. Maybe high school.... maybe not. I think that we all agree on the fact that we do need to get SOMEONE!!!!

It seems like every month, there is another QB prospect that we hang our hopes on....only to be let down when he commits elsewhere. This month's hope is Logan Gray. He'll commit elsewhere in a couple weeks. And, we'll never find a QB. Our football team is doomed. Woo is me and all the rest of you pitiful Husker fans.

eeyore03.gif

It seems like every month, there is another QB prospect that we hang our hopes on....only to be let down when he commits elsewhere. This month's hope is Logan Gray. He'll commit elsewhere in a couple weeks. And, we'll never find a QB. Our football team is doomed. Woo is me and all the rest of you pitiful Husker fans.

eeyore03.gif

Excellent, excellent representation of my position. Just the right amount of sarcasm to make it sting, too.

Spot on...

:clap:clap:clap

eeyore03.gif

That's funny stuff. :clap