Wisconsin "May have separated from the rest of the West"

Well they certainly weren't the kinds of teams you think about when you think of playing Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.

The three Penn State teams we beat all finished unranked, and were rocked by scandal, turmoil, and low scholarship numbers.

The two Michigan teams we beat finished #24 and unranked, under a bumbling idiot of a head coach.

The one Ohio State team we beat finished 6-7.

The accomplishment isn't that impressive. It's nothing, but it's not something super awesome to be super proud of. But you're right, I should have maybe changed my words to say, "...some of their worst squads in history"

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

Well they certainly weren't the kinds of teams you think about when you think of playing Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.

The three Penn State teams we beat all finished unranked, and were rocked by scandal, turmoil, and low scholarship numbers.

The two Michigan teams we beat finished #24 and unranked, under a bumbling idiot of a head coach.

The accomplishment isn't that impressive. It's nothing, but it's not something super awesome to be super proud of. But you're right, I should have maybe changed my words to say, "...some of their worst squads in history"

Pretty sure I mentioned the scandals and all that jazz.

It's fine, I know you only like talking records being impressive if the team being discussed isn't  Nebraska.

15 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

....in HISTORY????

You enjoy being hyperbolical don't you?

22 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

Prettu sire i mentioned the scandals and all that jazz.

It's fine, I know only like talking records being impressive if the team being discussed isn't  Nebraska.

I guess I don't know why so many of you guys have to down grade victories because the opponent wasn't 11-0 when Nebraska beat them.  Anytime you can beat, OSU, Michigan, PSU, Wisconsin, MSU is a important and it is doing something well.  Just like those teams feel it is important to beat Nebraska.  

If you ever go over to Buckyville, which is a Wisconsin fan site, and look at their football board they only have 1 game on their schedule every year that is a different color, and that is Nebraska.  They want to beat Nebraska every year and they don't care what are record is.  

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, NUinID said:

I guess I don't know why so many of you guys have to down grade victories because the opponent wasn't 11-0 when Nebraska beat them.  Anytime you can beat, OSU, Michigan, PSU, Wisconsin, MSU is a important and it is doing something well.  Just like those teams feel it is important to beat Nebraska.  

If you ever go over to Buckyville, which is a Wisconsin fan site, and look at their football board they only have 1 game on their schedule every year that is a different color, and that is Nebraska.  They want to beat Nebraska every year and they don't care what are record is.  

Pretty much this

We want to beat the top teams in thr league.  Anytime we can come away with one is good in my book regardless of record.  Recruits see recent results.  Beating an average Michigan is better than losing to an average Michigan.

20 hours ago, NUinID said:

It's a very strange self loathing exercise that Husker fans go through.  Everyone is frustrated that we haven't won championships.  But, some fans then feel if we haven't done that, then obviously anything that might be seen as good....really isn't.

• Plus1 1

I guess it's fun to have to try to find a contrived excuse to dismiss other people's opinions as baseless.  Seems like that usually happens when you don't really have an argument against what they are saying.

The wins weren't meaningless.  I wouldn't trade them.  But that doesn't change the fact that - over a fairly small sample size - we happened to catch some of those teams on a bad year.  We still had to beat them - they didn't just roll over.  But it's not the same as saying that we've been dominating teams in the Top 10 for the last several years.

That's not self-loathing.  That's just an objective look at what's happened.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I guess it's fun to have to try to find a contrived excuse to dismiss other people's opinions as baseless.  Seems like that usually happens when you don't really have an argument against what they are saying.

The wins weren't meaningless.  I wouldn't trade them.  But that doesn't change the fact that - over a fairly small sample size - we happened to catch some of those teams on a bad year.  We still had to beat them - they didn't just roll over.  But it's not the same as saying that we've been dominating teams in the Top 10 for the last several years.

That's not self-loathing.  That's just an objective look at what's happened.

But really it's kinda self loathing a little bit.

43 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

Beating a 6-7 Ohio State team is not beating a top team in the league. It's not self-loathing to be able to look at things from an honest perspective that shows we aren't and haven't been that great for a long time. 

People just  don't want to accept that and will rationalize anyway they can to make our record look better

• Plus1 2