What did we learn-Game 1 Arky State

JJ Husker

Yea was hoping to see that arky state game as well to have abetter reference of the Huskers game. Miami was playing on the road and were offered help and even an earlier start time, but it kind of sort of seemed Miami did not really want to play Arky for more reasons then just the weather. They have a bit of a cupcake schedule going atm.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Arkansas Southern just beat winless-in-their-fourth-year-in-FBS Georgia State 43-25.

Georgia Southern out-gained Arky St. 493-381.

Arkansas State had 377 yards of total offense (497 vs. NU).

Georgia Southern had 332 yards rushing.

you forgot to mention Hansen threw 4 picks

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

you forgot to mention Hansen threw 4 picks

Yeah it was a horrible performance. Hansen can be forgiven as he was not 100% but really wanted to play and made plays when he needed to. Defensively we just are not very good at all as we should have controlled the game from the start. GSU is awful and will do well to win 2-3 games. Not one facet can be looked at and say it went well other than the final score. Many ASU fans are disappointed despite the win. More questions than answers as Georgia Southern is picked near the bottom of the league. 

6 hours ago, asuato said:

Yeah it was a horrible performance. Hansen can be forgiven as he was not 100% but really wanted to play and made plays when he needed to. Defensively we just are not very good at all as we should have controlled the game from the start. GSU is awful and will do well to win 2-3 games. Not one facet can be looked at and say it went well other than the final score. Many ASU fans are disappointed despite the win. More questions than answers as Georgia Southern is picked near the bottom of the league. 

I did not appreciate Hansen's performance as he made me sweat my ASU wagers a lot more than what was necessary!  

On 10/5/2017 at 7:56 AM, Xmas32 said:

I did not appreciate Hansen's performance as he made me sweat my ASU wagers a lot more than what was necessary!  

He had a nasty back muscle pull against SMU and it was a gametime decision to play him. He was 80-85% at best, so most ASU fans are letting him slide on the 4 picks. He did make good throws when needed. Just have a ton of stuff to clean up defensively. Get a cakewalk for homecoming so that will give us a chance to work on some things. 

• 3 weeks later...