I mean....

Redux

7 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

I've never bought into this, ever.

People always say this in the first 2-3 games of a season when one side of the ball fails to impress..... "oh, they'll be fine, they were just being vanilla". I feel like I've heard this excuse enough to the point where it has become code for "this is the best we've got, so brace yourself".

The bolded.  So much the bolded.  We haven't been good enough in years to ever try and hide something.  The basic game management function (the clock) raised its ugly head again.  I'm sure Riley and Co said let's mismanage the clock (again) so we can see how our guys respond against a team that's close to beating us.... Same thing.  They just screwed the pooch again.....What we saw was what we have at this point to offer.

9 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Lee threw passes that would have made Armstrong blush.  Receivers dropped sure catches..  we ran straight at the line expecting a result other than a minimal gain...

But...the MAC crew did royally screw us on like 3 big calls.

Buddy. Everything is going to be A-Okay. Now is the time to trust Master Ice.

38 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Really? I thought Lee slung it pretty welll.

Lee throws a pretty deep ball, but he held onto the ball a long time on a number of occasions.  He has a strong arm, so he does force throws into coverage.  He took some big hits last night, and will end up taking more throughout the season.

It will be interesting to see if teams try to dial up blitzes against NU and Lee down the road.  He's a sitting duck back there for teams with good pass rushers.

45 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Really? I thought Lee slung it pretty welll.

He throws a nice ball.  He put more stank on it then needed quite a few times I thought.  I would like to see more trust between he and the corp though.  I guess that's to be expected though for a first time starter.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lee throws a pretty deep ball, but he held onto the ball a long time on a number of occasions.  He has a strong arm, so he does force throws into coverage.  He took some big hits last night, and will end up taking more throughout the season.

It will be interesting to see if teams try to dial up blitzes against NU and Lee down the road.  He's a sitting duck back there for teams with good pass rushers.

Cant tell if serious or not?

Lee is the best passer I've seen since Joe Montanyo.

Seriously though, Lee looked really f'ing good. 9/10. We had 4-5 dropped passes as well.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I was totally serious.  I will re-watch the game today or tomorrow.  Lee was good, I won't say he had a great game.

Gotcha. Perhaps he was holding the ball because no one was open yet? I thought he did a nice job rolling and chucking a couple times on target. I only recall 1-2 poor passes. Everything else was $$$$Balls