2 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I remember that team well and that type of season has been done once.  That team also had a lot of questionable sorts that were junior college transfers.  Though the dominant win over Notre Dame was fun, it also embarrassed the university and alums like me.  18 penalties.  Most were of the 15 yard type.  We looked less like a college football team and more like the "Mean Machine" prison team from an old Burt Reynolds movie.  You won't see those types of kids at OSU ever again.  Administration won't allow it.     

The line gets pretty blurry who caused most of the infractions at Miami.  Jimmy started them, but Erickson had no problems what so ever continuing them. 

5 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Wait a minute. First I hear Erickson did it with Riley's program and players. Now, I am hearing Erickson did it with players Riley wasn't allowed to have?

Which is it, guys?

It can't be both? 

In other news, Brady Hoke is a better coach than Rich Rodriguez because he went 11-2 at Michigan one time. 

14 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It can't be both? 

In other news, Brady Hoke is a better coach than Rich Rodriguez because he went 11-2 at Michigan one time. 

All jokes aside, it would be difficult to argue that Hoke isn't a better coach than Rich Rod.  While Hoke only has a career 52.7 percent winning percentage compared to Rich Rod's 58.1, their situations have been drastically different.  When Hoke took over at his alma mater, Ball State hadn't had a winning season in six seasons.  When Rich Rod took over at his alma mater, West Virginia was at least posting winning seasons for the most part.  Rich Rod started at Michigan behind Lloyd Carr where they were used to winning seasons.  Hoke started at Michigan after Rich Rod who was 15-22 while at Michigan.  This might very well be Rich Rod's last year at Arizona. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, unlfan said:

You don't think Dennis Erickson is top tier coach compared to Mike Riley?

He was very good at maintaining the ship at Miami.  I won't take anything away from him on that.

Before and after that tenure he was very average and in no way in hell a top tier coach.  Even compared to Mike Riley.

• Plus1 3