Tangent Thread - September 2017 Edition

skersfan

If only Nebraska could recruit some of the players on this board.  WE would never lose another game.  Some are so impressive with the computer skills, their knowledge of what should have been done.  I am amazed at the level of talent on this board.  Thank you for allowing us know how much better you are than our scholarship players, do any of you have eligibility?  Maybe you could actually put up the numbers these guys just don't have the ability that you obviously have.  Many on here talk the talk, but most likely have never walked the walk.

5 minutes ago, skersfan said:

If only Nebraska could recruit some of the players on this board.  WE would never lose another game.  Some are so impressive with the computer skills, their knowledge of what should have been done.  I am amazed at the level of talent on this board.  Thank you for allowing us know how much better you are than our scholarship players, do any of you have eligibility?  Maybe you could actually put up the numbers these guys just don't have the ability that you obviously have.  Many on here talk the talk, but most likely have never walked the walk.

This again.

This is getting really old. People are going to talk about how their team, and its players, should improve. Get over it.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, skersfan said:

You know if I gave a flying crap about what you thought I would ask.

Of course you don't. I'm female and females don't play football, so I shouldn't talk about it at all, right?

Neither should anyone else who hasn't played college football.

For example:

Mike Leach

Hugh Freeze

When people tell others not to talk football if they haven't coached or played it, I'm going to take it personally because they're automatically ruling out my entire gender.

It's also just plain illogical. I'm a statistician, but my boss's boss has a degree in marketing. Does that automatically mean he can't talk to me about analytics and doesn't understand it at all?

On 9/3/2017 at 0:02 PM, Spooky Tooth said:

Should this team do well this season, the goombas who are over-reacting now will saying something to the effect of "Well, I'm glad things turned out well....Husker fan through and through" while conveniently omitting how they pissed in every thread they could find. There's a difference between mature criticism of a game/staff versus a compulsion to puke in every thread.

There's a tiny loud minority of people who were really hurt when Bo was fired.  They've become miserable fans, can't find a single positive with any aspect of the program and are now committed to spreading their misery to others.  At the end of the day, they rejoice in N deficiencies and point them out ad naseum while ignoring or minimizing strengths/successes.  

Then there are the folks who live in the past.  All they remember are the highlights and measure the present against those highlights.  Problem is, they don't recall anything but the highlights so their measure is more than just unrealistic it's fairy tale stuff.   In the  game of myth vs reality, myth will always win out in their way of seeing things.  Believe it or not, there were plenty of low light moments and performances that went into building the glory years.  It took time, trial and error, and years in the making. 

Finally you have the impulsive/immature poster.  The difference between a baby and a man is, the baby wants something and wants it now and if he doesn't get it will start crying.  A man has the mental capacity to discern there aint no such thing as a fee lunch.  Things aren't served on a silver platter and just handed to you on a whim in the real world.  You actually have to put in time and some work to get what you want.  Message boarding is the perfect medium for the immediate gratification crowd who still have a lot of baby left in them.  

• Plus1 3

Oh here we go again, I am female, poor me.

I never said anything about that.  I said I was tired of hearing how some on here knew what catches should have been made, knew mistakes were made, but were not on the field at the time and really have no idea if the play should or could have been made.

You do not agree with me so I get these jabs from you.  Learn to take them.

And if you go back and read my posts about you and your comments, they normally reflect respect for you opinions.

And as strange as it may seem, I am entitled to make my opinions heard. 

51 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Oh here we go again, I am female, poor me.

I never said anything about that.  I said I was tired of hearing how some on here knew what catches should have been made, knew mistakes were made, but were not on the field at the time and really have no idea if the play should or could have been made.

You do not agree with me so I get these jabs from you.  Learn to take them.

And if you go back and read my posts about you and your comments, they normally reflect respect for you opinions.

And as strange as it may seem, I am entitled to make my opinions heard. 

To the bolded, what? It typically takes people several months to even realize I'm not a dude, so I'm pretty sure you have me confused for someone else or have a bad memory of my posts.

And yes, by default, you said everything about it. "Many on here talk the talk, but most likely have never walked the walk."

How many women have "walked the walk" when it comes to playing football, skersfan?

Not for the first time you implied that anyone who hasn't coached or played the game doesn't have the right to discuss the players or the team. It's just an incredibly silly comment to make, no matter who makes it or why they're making it, and I'll respond any time I see it to say how foolish I think it is. And for the love of God, all people are doing is saying Lee didn't make his progressions.

For the record, I thought Lee played really well, but that doesn't make this comment of yours any less wrongheaded. I don't think you were purposely being sexist or it even entered your mind when you posted it, but as a female I tire of hearing people say "You've never played football so you have no right to talk about it." That applies to almost everyone woman, regardless of what they know about football.

I have never said they don't have the right to discuss.  But to say their views are the only way things can be is what I disagree with.

If you were not on the field at that very second, involved in the play, you have very little to say that means anything to me.  I do not feel anyone on this board was involved in the game Saturday night.  They have opinions, nothing more. 

I thought Tanner played a very good game.  He may not have gone thru all step downs, I really don't know.  I have no idea what the coaching staff said to do or not to do.  None of us do.  That was a lot of do do for sure.   And in honesty, I have no real idea if Tanner played good or not, only the staff after watching the film and grading him knows that answer, mine is just and opinion.  But I did like seeing him hit receivers in stride,  that seldom happened in the last seven or eight years

I do not want to make an enemy over this.  I want you to understand it had nothing to do with you being a female, trust me I don't walk the walk, and I feel you know far more about the game than I do.  I just get sick of people tearing down the team because they are still attached to Pelini in my opinion.

8 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

There's a tiny loud minority of people who were really hurt when Bo was fired.  They've become miserable fans, can't find a single positive with any aspect of the program and are now committed to spreading their misery to others.  At the end of the day, they rejoice in N deficiencies and point them out ad naseum while ignoring or minimizing strengths/successes.  

Then there are the folks who live in the past.  All they remember are the highlights and measure the present against those highlights.  Problem is, they don't recall anything but the highlights so their measure is more than just unrealistic it's fairy tale stuff.   In the  game of myth vs reality, myth will always win out in their way of seeing things.  Believe it or not, there were plenty of low light moments and performances that went into building the glory years.  It took time, trial and error, and years in the making. 

Finally you have the impulsive/immature poster.  The difference between a baby and a man is, the baby wants something and wants it now and if he doesn't get it will start crying.  A man has the mental capacity to discern there aint no such thing as a fee lunch.  Things aren't served on a silver platter and just handed to you on a whim in the real world.  You actually have to put in time and some work to get what you want.  Message boarding is the perfect medium for the immediate gratification crowd who still have a lot of baby left in them.  

Wow that was a pretty personal attack. There are also the kind of people who hurl insults at people hiding behind the keyboard of their computer. You don't know ANYTHING about me, so maybe you should keep your personal assessment of me to yourself. And, likewise, I won't tell you what I think of you. As I said before to others. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Go read a thread that blows smoke up Riley's ass and applauds him for all of his "successes" at NU. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, California Husker said:

Wow that was a pretty personal attack. There are also the kind of people who hurl insults at people hiding behind the keyboard of their computer. You don't know ANYTHING about me, so maybe you should keep your personal assessment of me to yourself. And, likewise, I won't tell you what I think of you. As I said before to others. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Go read a thread that blows smoke up Riley's ass and applauds him for all of his "successes" at NU. 

How is that a personal attack when he didn't name anyone or even imply he was referring to anyone?

• Plus1 1