Tangent Thread - September 2017 Edition

skersfan

On 9/4/2017 at 0:40 PM, Moiraine said:

This board is for people to express ideas,  male or female makes no difference.  For those who don't like it don't read it.

Of course you don't. I'm female and females don't play football, so I shouldn't talk about it at all, right?

Neither should anyone else who hasn't played college football.

For example:

Mike Leach

Hugh Freeze

When people tell others not to talk football if they haven't coached or played it, I'm going to take it personally because they're automatically ruling out my entire gender.

It's also just plain illogical. I'm a statistician, but my boss's boss has a degree in marketing. Does that automatically mean he can't talk to me about analytics and doesn't understand it at all?

Its like your a hillary supporter and im a trump suporter.  I can say what i want and you can say what you want but its not going to change our opinions.  I never followed online when callihan was in line for the job but i sure did both these last two times.  We wanted Bo, we asked for bo and that worked for a few years.  Yes bo was an a-hole but we did get what we asked for and we were atleast consistant.   It was dam entertaining also,  but sadly after rereading the sockpuppet thread i realized that very very few were excited about this man coming here.  We as a institution earned the right a long time ago to not put up with mediocrity.