It's go time for Eric Crouch

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Tor...584296-sun.html

The long wait is about to end for Eric Crouch.

He has been in Toronto the past two weeks preparing for the Argos' training camp, which opens for rookies tomorrow, but all of the quarterbacks will be participating.

The 2001 Heisman Trophy winner with the University of Nebraska said yesterday the last time he participated in a game as a quarterback goes back to the Rose Bowl in 2002.

"I am pumped," he said.

"I want to go in there with a lot of energy, that's the key."

Of all the new recruits attending their first training camp with the Argos, there will be a lot of attention on Crouch, whom some people have said has the skills tailor-made to the Canadian Football League.

In fact, he has been compared at various points in his career to Doug Flutie, who retired this week after a 21-year professional career, including eight seasons in the CFL with B.C., Calgary and Toronto.

Crouch has spent time with offensive co-ordinator Kent Austin learning the Argos' system. He also had some opportunities to work with receivers Andre Talbot and Michael Palmer.

Crouch likely will begin training camp third on the depth chart behind veteran Damon Allen and Spergon Wynn and sophomore Charlie Peterson, who played sparingly in his rookie season.

I hope he can show the world (or at least Canada) that he wasn't a complete bust.  Good luck Eric!

:restore

Lets just hope he doesn't stay in that league forever like many former ksu players... :)

The PUSSYcats had someone who advanced to something other than non-organized crime?!? State evidence! B)

Isn't Ricky Williams going to Toronto?

i don't know last time i heard, miami wasn't sure if they were going to approve it or not, it has probably changed since then but that's all i know.

i heard that Canada's marijuana laws are almost none existant so i am sure that he will end up there.

Isn't Ricky Williams going to Toronto?

i don't know last time i heard, miami wasn't sure if they were going to approve it or not, it has probably changed since then but that's all i know.

i heard that Canada's marijuana laws are almost none existant so i am sure that he will end up there.

That's the same reason Keyuo Craver went to the CFL, apparently hippie lettuce is part of the training regimen up there.

And I hope Crouch will stick it out this time and show some preseverence instead of lying down everytime he faces some adversity. Make us proud even if you aren't the starting or backup QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!