If Riley is truly a nice guy...

3 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

Oh good, another thread...

exasperated-gif-3.gif

I didn't start this thread, I just chose to comment on what the OP had to say, and for such, I end up getting attacked from all sides by people who don't appreciate my word choice. 

I just wanted to ask you something...when you don't like the subject matter of a thread, why do you choose to click on it and comment? I mean, seriously...there are dozens of active threads right now that I have not clicked on and therefore not read any of the posts. If I don't think I'm going to like the topic, or if I think the topic has been done to death, then I just move on to a thread that has more interest to me. If I click on a post that looks interesting and I realize that it's not what I thought it would be, once again, I just move on. I don't start making negative posts about the thread, or the OP, or other member's ideas that have been expressed in the thread....I just move on.

I'm just curious what seems to compel people, who see a post they don't agree with or are not interested in, to post something negative toward other board members rather than simply sharing your opinion on the topic? And as I said, if you don't really want to engage, then why leave a negative comment at all? Maybe you can enlighten me. 

Just now, 1995 Redux said:

Trust me, you aren't as incognito as you think.

Hahaha, I'm not trying to be incognito...and I usually come on the board only during football season. Since Riley got here, that happens to include a lot more losses than it used to, so it may seem like that's the only time I come on the board....but still....find someone else to stalk...it's creepy. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, California Husker said:

How do you know when I'm on the board? Are you stalking me? Weird. 

im not stalking you nor do I know you but I will say I agree with the full statement and context in you saying MR is an ahole-

let the stupidity continue because of my agreement.

MR is kind of a slopehead, but I don't think for one moment he didn't know that his band of foolish friends from beavesrville were turds

that qualifies for at least a consideration of being called an a-hole

1 hour ago, California Husker said:

I didn't start this thread, I just chose to comment on what the OP had to say, and for such, I end up getting attacked from all sides by people who don't appreciate my word choice.

I don't think you know what the word "attacked" means. 'Cause you're doing most of it. And this thread wasn't derailed until you cared that someone quoted part of your post. They weren't even trying to misconstrue your words.

Usually when 10 people say (or imply) that I'm doing a thing, I stop being defensive about it and consider that maybe I am doing that thing. At the very least I consider it to be a possibility.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think you know what the word "attacked" means. 'Cause you're doing most of it. And this thread wasn't derailed until you cared that someone quoted part of your post. They weren't even trying to misconstrue your words.

Usually when 10 people say (or imply) that I'm doing a thing, I stop being defensive about it and consider that maybe I am doing that thing. At the very least I consider it to be a possibility.

Maybe you care just a little too much about what I'm saying.

When I comment on the trolling,  I'm responding to people who choose to add nothing but some sarcastic remark about me. And, as I said before, if you don't like what I'm saying, but don't want to have a discussion about the topic, then why on earth would you feel compelled to comment? When I see a thread or a comment that I disagree with, I either respond to the topic, or I ignore it. So, why don't you stop trolling my posts unless you want to have a conversation about the topic?

And there aren't 10 people implying that I'm doing something...just you and a couple of the other "legends" who seem to think that you have the last word on everything huskerboard. I am pretty sure that I have disagreed with something you have said in the past, but unless it was a personal remark about me, I just ignored it. I'm not really that interested in you (or the other "legends"). Maybe you should just move on and let the people in this thread who want to discuss this topic, do so without being harassed.   

22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Great post!

5 minutes ago, California Husker said:

When I comment on the trolling,  I'm responding to people who choose to add nothing but some sarcastic remark about me. And, as I said before, if you don't like what I'm saying, but don't want to have a discussion about the topic, then why on earth would you feel compelled to comment?

I haven't been reading your full posts, to be honest. I just don't agree with your logic in going off the deep end for people quoting a partial post, regardless of whether you went off the deep end on me or not. You also derailed the whole topic by getting upset at them for nothing. So it's weird to me that you're now getting upset at people for not staying on topic.

That and I was bored.

6 minutes ago, California Husker said:

Maybe you care just a little too much about what I'm saying.

When I comment on the trolling,  I'm responding to people who choose to add nothing but some sarcastic remark about me. And, as I said before, if you don't like what I'm saying, but don't want to have a discussion about the topic, then why on earth would you feel compelled to comment? When I see a thread or a comment that I disagree with, I either respond to the topic, or I ignore it. So, why don't you stop trolling my posts unless you want to have a conversation about the topic?

And there aren't 10 people implying that I'm doing something...just you and a couple of the other "legends" who seem to think that you have the last word on everything huskerboard. I am pretty sure that I have disagreed with something you have said in the past, but unless it was a personal remark about me, I just ignored it. I'm not really that interested in you (or the other "legends"). Maybe you should just move on and let the people in this thread who want to discuss this topic, do so without being harassed.   

I wasn't even responding to you with the gif in the first place if that's what you think.

• Mavric locked this topic