If Riley is let go, what's the staff?

ScottyIce

2 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

And frankly, I don't care about recruiting when it comes to this staff. It's been all hype, with nothing to show. We're slightly better than we were under Bo (recruiting), and yet we've regressed on the field and are losing to teams who we have always consistently out-recruited.

Recruiting means nothing if you can't develop players and create a team that doesn't wilt under pressure.

Everything with Riley's staff is all hype,

especially on offense.

Cav - befriends Milt Tenopir before Milt's death, but his line is nothing like Milt's. 

Langsdorf - were told that he was a caliber NFL QB coach, turns all the QB's into bad Eli Manning clones.

Keith Williams - all hype with this guy. WR's aren't on the same page as the QB and drop passes all game. 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

What top recruits are we getting? We are recruiting in the exact same area (ranking wise) as Pelini did, maybe getting a spot or two higher, that is it. And when you don't win you wont get recruits no matter how great at recruiting you are. WInning is the best recruiting tool, and Nebraska isn't doing that.

And all our "top" recruits seem to be at the WR position. I swear all I've heard with this staff is all of these WR's we are targeting or getting. We have Stanley Morgan Jr. That is it.

And the focus of recruiting should be on getting monster O-Lineman.

Joshua Moore, Chase Williams, and Cam Brown are all Coach Dub. 

OLine can be developed. Just look at how great Temple's line was last season. 

21 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Joshua Moore, Chase Williams, and Cam Brown are all Coach Dub. 

OLine can be developed. Just look at how great Temple's line was last season. 

Don't even know who those guys are. The only guy I see doing anything out there from the WR group is Morgan Jr.

Where in the F is Keyshawn Johnson? Is he like off campus now and not even attending Nebraska? Is he just suspended and not participating with the team? part of me thinks this thing was so overblown by his dad that it is basically a scheme to get him to go elsewhere rather then Nebraska. I mean great for the dad for being involved in his kids life and all and teaching him a lesson, but Jesus H Christ just yank the kid from D-1 football? Let the coaches deal with the discipline and make him practice with the team to better his teammates and himself. Which makes me wonder if there was buyer remorse with the commit and this is a ploy to get him out and go elsewhere.

• Plus1 1

Regardless of who the next head coach is, there is no reason to keep Langsdorf, Cavanaugh or Davis. I don't have strong thoughts on the defensive coaches or Keith Williams. If the new coach wants to keep some, that's fine. If not, I don't really care. I'd be fine if Langsdorf, Cavanaugh and Davis were all fired tomorrow and I never heard about them ever again. I might even help them pack.

I think it's difficult to make definitive conclusions on the defensive coaches though when they are running a completely different defense this year with young players. We'll know more about them by the end of October.