Kalu/Jones

ScottyIce

13 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Anyone know if there is a shot at them playing this week? Next week? By Purdue?

What a treat it'd be to have them both 100% healthy and playing the next 2 games.

My gut feeling and best guess is that they both will play this week. That may be based on nothing more than wishful thinking but I've just gotten the feeling from Riley's pressers that Jones is ahead of schedule and Kalu might have been a precautionary hold due to Illinois not really having any air game.

They are both sorely missed.  Our CB play has been rather average at best.  They always get beat deep, or crossing routes so why not play man.  Knock em down or off their route at the LOS.  Better than giving them 10 yards to get going.  I also notice that they don't turn to "run" with the receiver until the receiver is even.  At that point, your beat.  That's poor technique and coaching IMO... 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, lo country said:

They are both sorely missed.  Our CB play has been rather average at best.  They always get beat deep, or crossing routes so why not play man.  Knock em down or off their route at the LOS.  Better than giving them 10 yards to get going.  I also notice that they don't turn to "run" with the receiver until the receiver is even.  At that point, your beat.  That's poor technique and coaching IMO... 

Made this same comment somewhere else... if he's even he's leavin'. You would think Jackson would be better at this technique because he played safety in HS.  He should be used to lining up 10 yards off the ball and staying over the top.... but he's not 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Made this same comment somewhere else... if he's even he's leavin'. You would think Jackson would be better at this technique because he played safety in HS.  He should be used to lining up 10 yards off the ball and staying over the top.... but he's not 

He didn't play much safety or defense at all, especially his SR year.... was playing QB mostly.