Harrison Beck

8 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I have never heard this podcast before, and when i looked it up, i bypassed this one (i will get to it later), and went straight for one with Carol Frost.  I'm 25 minutes into it and I have changed my mind on wanting Scott to coach at NU... I want his MOM instead!

Dirk had had great interviews in this podcast series.  The recent ones have been with a few more obscure sports personalities from the area, but he hit a lot of big names in the first batch of podcasts.  The one with Carol Frost was outstanding though.

Edited by ColoradoHusk

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I had a couple classes back in the day with Beck, and suffice to say, he is as bats#!t crazy now as he was back then. 

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I will.  It sounds like Beck didn't have the drive and interest in sports that matched his athletic ability and arm strength.  That's not a knock on him, but some people have outside interests that blossom once they reach adulthood.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
27 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I have never heard this podcast before, and when i looked it up, i bypassed this one (i will get to it later), and went straight for one with Carol Frost.  I'm 25 minutes into it and I have changed my mind on wanting Scott to coach at NU... I want his MOM instead!

My brother in law coached a few years with the Frosts.  He always said she was far and away the better coach in that marriage.  You should have seen her chuck the ball at the receivers during warmups.  It was pretty impressive.

• Plus1 2

If anyone is remotely interested, it's well worth the listen.  It is a prime example of why so many kids coming out of HS with heads blown up so much...don't make it.

Just some examples.

He decided to leave Nebraska when he was standing at practice watching the team practicing a running play.  He looked at the guy next to him and asked..."how do you get to Tampa from here".  He got in his car and left.

Callahan then blackballed him from the NFL because of how he left Nebraska.  If that didn't happen, he would have been the next Bret Favre because he is just that good.  Nobody has an arm like him and he is so damn good that he could play in the NFL right now.

The interview is well over an hour long.  These are just a few tidbits that are even better to hear him say himself.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If anyone is remotely interested, it's well worth the listen.  It is a prime example of why so many kids coming out of HS with heads blown up so much...don't make it.

Just some examples.

He decided to leave Nebraska when he was standing at practice watching the team practicing a running play.  He looked at the guy next to him and asked..."how do you get to Tampa from here".  He got in his car and left.

Callahan then blackballed him from the NFL because of how he left Nebraska.  If that didn't happen, he would have been the next Bret Favre because he is just that good.  Nobody has an arm like him and he is so damn good that he could play in the NFL right now.

The interview is well over an hour long.  These are just a few tidbits that are even better to hear him say himself.

I get an "Uncle Rico" vibe from him. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

My brother in law coached a few years with the Frosts.  He always said she was far and away the better coach in that marriage.  You should have seen her chuck the ball at the receivers during warmups.  It was pretty impressive.

Yep, watched the Battle Creek/ Wood River Semi final when SF was a senior.  She was tossing 40 yard perfect spirals at the WR without any effort.  As far as the better coach, I have heard that multiple times. 

• Plus1 1