The Democrat Utopia

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When haven't we?

I agree with your point 100%.  It’s why I laugh when one party says Russia tried or is trying to interfere with our elections.   Of course they are.  Or when one party says China is trying to interfere with our elections.  Of course they are.  

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree with your point 100%.  It’s why I laugh when one party says Russia tried or is trying to interfere with our elections.   Of course they are.  Or when one party says China is trying to interfere with our elections.  Of course they are.  

Yeah, but when people complain about Russia interfering with our elections, they're merely hypocrites. When people claim Russia isn't interfering with our elections, they're naive or willfully dishonest. One party doesn't want to consider Putin's motives at all. It's leading candidate disagrees with you. 

I also think social media has changed the equation a bit: it was sobering for Americans to consider the sheer number of posts and accusations we consumed that were churned out by Russian bots

America's most famous interventions in other countries' elections tended to be bipartisan and well-hidden from the American public. A public that didn't much know or care either way. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but when people complain about Russia interfering with our elections, they're merely hypocrites. When people claim Russia isn't interfering with our elections, they're naive or willfully dishonest. One party doesn't want to consider Putin's motives at all. It's leading candidate disagrees with you. 

I also think social media has changed the equation a bit: it was sobering for Americans to consider the sheer number of posts and accusations we consumed that were churned out by Russian bots

America's most famous interventions in other countries' elections tended to be bipartisan and well-hidden from the American public. A public that didn't much know or care either way. 

It’s also a problem when one party actively is working for Russia so that they help them get elected. And, their actions go against our best interests. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s also a problem when one party actively is working for Russia so that they help them get elected. And, their actions go against our best interests. 

Good thing that isn’t happening:thumbs

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You need to pay attention more. 

To what?  Someone’s fantasy about Russia controlling a United States political party?  LOL. All because some of them question the continued tens of billions of dollars being spent in Ukraine?  :laughpound

It’s like bizarro world sometimes.   Obama in charge and Russia makes advancement into Crimea.  Trump in charge and Russia doesn’t make advancement.   Trump gives Ukraine lethal weapons that Obama wouldn’t.   Biden gets to be in charge and what do you know.  Russia advances, AGAIN.    But ya, OMG OMG Trump Russia Republicans Russia :ahhhhhhhh.

:blink:

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It really, truly, blatantly, hand-in-front-of-your face is. 

You truly believe, like in all honesty, like just you and me talking here and you don’t have to worry about getting any +1’s or oh yeahs from the usual folks believe the Republican Party is trying to advance Russian priorities at the expense of US priorities?  That they want more than anything here, for Russia to be a better country than the US?  That when choosing what’s better for the US or Russia, they would choose Russia?   

Like you honestly believe that? 

Amazing.  

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You truly believe, like in all honesty, like just you and me talking here and you don’t have to worry about getting any +1’s or oh yeahs from the usual folks believe the Republican Party is trying to advance Russian priorities at the expense of US priorities?  That they want more than anything here, for Russia to be a better country than the US?  That when choosing what’s better for the US or Russia, they would choose Russia?   

Amazing.  

Yes. It’s very clear they are.  

And, it’s why they absolutely can not be put back in power. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Amazing.  

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your proof is 2 random nitwits trying to have a few hahas with a tee shirt?  Ummm ok:blink:

You argue the silliest points and just willingly sidestep anything that isn't explicitly spelled out for you. I get it, it makes your arguments easier.

Here's the problem: whether you care to acknowledge it or not, a growing sentiment within the base of your party is that Russia isn't that bad. They're just taking back what's theirs. The other side are the aggressors. They're trying to uphold conservative christian values. Or any other number of ridiculous arguments I've heard that they're not really a threat and other entities are much more clear and present dangers to us as a nation.

Peak ridiculousness i that notion that Russia is constrained under Trump/Republicans generally and only aggressive under Democrats because they're more afraid of the tougher Republicans. Hell, if I go up a few posts you're using a version of this argument.

GOP electeds realize these dynamics and exploit them for their own benefit because their voters are stupid enough to believe this crap. They're not advancing Russian interests because they care about Russia. They just know their voters are utter rubes and they're happy to make them useful idiots if it keeps them in their cushy Washington gigs.

It's bad for the world and it's damaging our democracy.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4
49 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You argue the silliest points and just willingly sidestep anything that isn't explicitly spelled out for you. I get it, it makes your arguments easier.

The discussion was about politicians making policy that is specifically designed to help Russia instead of the US which I disagreed with and you just randomly pull out a picture of Jethro and Billy wearing a haha shirt to counter my point.   And you say I’m the one making a silly point :laughpound

49 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

. Or any other number of ridiculous arguments I've heard that they're not really a threat and other entities are much more clear and present dangers to us as a nation.

Are you talking about what Obama said?  And that it wasn’t the 80’s anymore

• Plus1 1