What do you think about these shows?

ScawFraw

I listened to the Husker Doc Podcast when they had Rimington on it a few weeks ago.  Someone said that DR spilled some huge beans about the Athletic Department, but he didn't say anything too out of line.  Anyway, I thought the podcast was terrible.  I hated Travis Justice when I lived in Omaha 20 years ago, and he's still terrible.  Zatechka is ok, but Justice just ruins that show for me.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Game Time - No good for you huh?  How come?  Curious

USC - I like the Scott Frost vs the world draft, kind of fun right now

Doc Talk - Used to be my favorite, now it SUCKS BAD.

Bahe is brutal...the fake laughing...the Bluejay love...talking for 15 minutes on when/how long he brushes his teeth.  Matt Shick was the freaking star of that show when they were together, he is talented.  

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I hated Travis Justice when I lived in Omaha 20 years ago, and he's still terrible.  Zatechka is ok, but Justice just ruins that show for me.

THIS is what I wanted to hear!  Same exact thoughts.  I sent in a question to them last week, and he didn't even answer it at all.  Justice is the most annoying and idiotic radio guy I've ever listened to.  Rob is good .

1 minute ago, zoogs said:

That guy was great!  Still cracks me up

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

THIS is what I wanted to hear!  Same exact thoughts.  I sent in a question to them last week, and he didn't even answer it at all.  Justice is the most annoying and idiotic radio guy I've ever listened to.  Rob is good .

Justice is brutal

Oh, the Husker Legends Show is brutal too

6 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

You know what he said on this week's show?  "Brook Berringer didn't win a national title" and Rob got pissed off.  I don't really remember Brook, but it seems like he played a huge role.

Yeah, that's a moronic statement by Justice, especially to say it in front of Rob.  Brook was very instrumental in getting NU through the last 2/3 of the '94 schedule undefeated.  LP and the defense were the main reasons, but Brook did his job very well.  Most of the linemen wanted Brook to win the job in '95.  They just liked him better (Frazier was a complete a-hole).

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, that's a moronic statement by Justice, especially to say it in front of Rob.  Brook was very instrumental in getting NU through the last 2/3 of the '94 schedule undefeated.  LP and the defense were the main reasons, but Brook did his job very well.  Most of the linemen wanted Brook to win the job in '95.  They just liked him better (Frazier was a complete a-hole).

Start at the 50 minute mark and listen for a couple minutes (if you dare)

https://huskerdoctalk.podbean.com/

54 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Sharp and Benning - Probably "the best" local sports talk show overall, but they go off on tangents at times and Benning has a real habit of being intentionally cryptic in a 'I know something but can't talk about it' sort of way. It irritates me after awhile. Some people like it.

Game Time with Nick Bahe - I almost entirely ignore this show. I like Nick but he's better as a number two guy playing off of someone else (like he used to do on Schick and Nick). He repeats himself a lot.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Better than Game Time but not as good as Sharp and Benning.

Husker Doc Talk Podcast - Never listen to this show.

Big Red Cobcast - Never listen to this show.

HOL Show - Have occasionally listened and it's OK, but it never keeps me coming back. 

Sports Nightly - This is a better listen when the team is doing well because it's university funded. They're not going to give 100% honest takes all the time.

Husker Hangover - Never listen to this show.

Big Red Reaction - Never listen to this show.

Big Red Overreaction - I have occasionally listened to this show. Much better to handle when the team wins or plays well. When they lose or play poorly it's almost unbearable.

Carriker Chronicles - A pretty good listen IMO and he breaks things down in an interesting way a lot of the time, often even going into X's and O's

Big Red Wrap Up - I haven't watched this show in years. Back then, it was great for seeing highlights after the fact since they'd go quarter by quarter. The commentary/analysis was pretty basic and I felt you could get better elsewhere. But, again, I haven't watched for several years.

I can't think of any more, but I'm sure there are.  Have any favorites?  Hate any of them?  

My humble opinions in red.

• Plus1 1

I listen to Sharp and Benning and like to listen to Husker Doc Talk.  That is all I really listen to regularly.  I will sometimes listen to Bahe.  Not a huge fan though.  I just don't like his perspective on Nebraska football.  

Unsportsmanlike Conduct was absolutely great when Severe and Kuglar were doing the show.   The Hour of Hate on Thursday or Friday afternoon was great.  Bishop and the other Moran they have on there now are just not very good.  

14 minutes ago, huskerhead59 said:

I love nick bahe...great insight. Sharp and Benning I like too. Unsportsmanlike conduct is for the most part good sometimes obnoxious but I’ll always listen when I can. The bottom line is good too with most of the segments 

I'm learning that people do not like Nick Bahe's show much.  I do find that he repeats himself too much to fill up segments, but he usually has some good thoughts I think.  The problem I have with Sharp and Benning is that I can never follow what the hell they are talking about unless I'm super focused.  Maybe that's just me.  

Just now, NUinID said:

I listen to Sharp and Benning and like to listen to Husker Doc Talk.  That is all I really listen to regularly.  I will sometimes listen to Bahe.  Not a huge fan though.  I just don't like his perspective on Nebraska football.  

Unsportsmanlike Conduct was absolutely great when Severe and Kuglar were doing the show.   The Hour of Hate on Thursday or Friday afternoon was great.  Bishop and the other Moran they have on there now are just not very good.  

What is it about Nick's perspective you don't like?

I only know the two guys they have now, kind of wishing it was those other guys though.