Healthcare Reform

This is amazing to me.  

I think I explained on here a situation we have with our 26 year old daughter.  She all of a sudden received notice from a collection agency that she is in default on a medical bill.  At the time, she was on our insurance.  However, we can not call the hospital/clinic to get any information because we are not the patient.  She calls and they just give her the run around claiming they are looking into it.  Meanwhile, our insurance company has never been billed or notified of the bill.  And....the collection agency keeps calling.  Reading this, I can't imagine dealing with this when the patient is a 4 year old.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is amazing to me.  

I think I explained on here a situation we have with our 26 year old daughter.  She all of a sudden received notice from a collection agency that she is in default on a medical bill.  At the time, she was on our insurance.  However, we can not call the hospital/clinic to get any information because we are not the patient.  She calls and they just give her the run around claiming they are looking into it.  Meanwhile, our insurance company has never been billed or notified of the bill.  And....the collection agency keeps calling.  Reading this, I can't imagine dealing with this when the patient is a 4 year old.  :facepalm:

What a crazy story with that 4 yr old.  If that’s how the company wanted to play it, why not just say they can’t collect as a minor can’t legally be held to the paperwork stating they are liable for the bill.  
Wonder if  that will move the needle any. 

• Plus1 3
  • 9 months later...