RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

13 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Trieu just said he's under the impression everything is good to go here. Take that for what it's worth. 

edit: the context : he was replying to a question of whether he's graduated but still needs core classes or graduated and qualifies.

Sorry I am a little slow. So this Trieu character is implying he may be good and immediately eligible this year?

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I was just scrolling back at the previous posts and they had already expected him to graduate (still good that he actually did though). He might not have had enough core classes by his junior year so he might still have to do an academic redshirt.

OK...why wouldn't they already know this??  Even months ago????

24 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Trieu just said he's under the impression everything is good to go here. Take that for what it's worth. 

edit: the context : he was replying to a question of whether he's graduated but still needs core classes or graduated and qualifies.

ADS reported this hours ago.

• Plus1 1

Every time I think of Maurice's potential, I think of Clinton Child's quote about Lawrence where he said that he was "a cut above the rest". Maurice is the kind of talent where he is arguably the best player on the field each game. I wonder if Scott felt like he had come across a situation a lot like Osborne and L.P. I know that might be jumping the gun, but I get the feeling that Scott feels like he can really help Maurice. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...why wouldn't they already know this??  Even months ago????

They've known about it for awhile. Mavric posted about the Jr year thing in January. He can still apply for a waiver or get an academic redshirt. They likely thought he was still worth risking a scholarship on.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They've known about it for awhile. Mavric posted about the Jr year thing in January. He can still apply for a waiver or get an academic redshirt. They likely thought he was still worth risking a scholarship on.

Your statement made it sound like they weren't sure yet if he has the core classes needed.

He might not have had enough core classes by his junior year so he might still have to do an academic redshirt.