SI: Scott Frost's Plan to Lead Nebraska out of the Darkness

Technically, if you don't count Callahan, Frost is the third coach since that blog was written. That's an odd way to count coaches, though.

The other number is wrong no matter how you slice it since Frost is the fifth coach since TO, not the fourth. I think he forgot about Solich.

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You're right about it being 2005, but the number of coaches since then is still the same: Pelini, Riley, Frost.

Callahan coached in 2006 and 2007, and given that they got the # of coaches since Osborne incorrect by the same #, they clearly forgot one of the coaches.

• 5 months later...

I was curious if we were ahead or behind plan so I reread the article.  Scott Frost's Plan to Lead Nebraska out of the Darkness

Written 6 months ago it recaps where our program was and where Frost wants to take us.  It's easy to get discouraged by the losing streak but there are a lot of things in the article that provided optimism then and still do today. 

I wasn't sure what Frost was saying here:

The buy-in has been just as big from the fan base. In February, tickets for the Huskers’ April 21 spring game at 85,000-seat Memorial Stadium sold out in a little more than 24 hours and were going for over $500 a piece on Stubhub. Still Nebraska’s new leading man doesn’t seem worried about any overinflated expectations or fans losing perspective.

“I think they’re hungry to just see effort and enthusiasm,” Frost says. "They want a good product. Honestly, I think this first year they’re gonna be more worried about having a team they can be proud of. We never measure our success based on wins and losses. It’s, are we better than we were yesterday?”

I think the bolded part was a bit of a warning that he thought the season would be rough.  Frost again emphasized that he felt we got better this week.

• Plus1 1