Huskers Still Considered a Blue-Blood Program

I remember the teams that were on my radar in the 90's that hadn't won in awhile were Clemson and Georgia. Maybe it's been so long for them now that their current success is considered a new thing. And also winning one national championship apparently doesn't give you staying power in people's minds.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

The only reason Minnesota dropped off is because they accepted their fate. As long as Nebraska is willing to pay for a great coach and pour money into the program they will always have a shot of getting back. If you accept failure you will fail. If you dont accept failure you will eventually find a way back. We are paying big bucks for a big time coach and pay for top notch facilities. Its a matter of when not if. 

very good insight!  I expect we will once again become the blueist of the blue bloods.

In order to sustain it you have to look at the contemporaries as well. 

How long does Saban keep coaching? tOSU with Urban... Dabo is young, OU time will tell if Stoops leaving matters, Texas (srsly? Get off my lawn), FSU ebb and flow...

i think if frost is truly committed to 18-22 years we’ll be Blue Blood always. But we gotta win something. Anything. Sustain it. 

For 60 yrs you can’t deny DONU excellence but we need some quality national play; not just knock off a few ranked teams here and there. We need 10, 11, 12 wins for another couple decades. We are a blue blood, just gotta play like it.