Nebraska to schedule Penn State?

link

NU, Penn State officials discuss football series

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Jun 16, 2006 - 12:11:11 am CDT

Nebraska and Penn State have been in discussions about scheduling a future home-and-home football series, a Nittany Lions athletic department official confirmed Thursday.

Fran Ganter, a Penn State associate athletic director, said the Nittany Lions’ football schedules are full until 2011. Nebraska is among about a half-dozen teams in discussions with PSU regarding schedule openings starting in 2012, Ganter said. The Nittany Lions also are in talks with Georgia and Florida State, among others, he said.

“Nebraska and Penn State have played so many great games,” Ganter said. “Our fans still talk about playing out there (in Lincoln).”

Nebraska defeated Penn State 18-10 in 2003 in Lincoln to atone for a 40-7 loss the previous year in State College, Pa. The Nittany Lions lead the all-time series 7-6.

I am cool with PSU but it was recent.

I would like us to play:

SEC - Georgia or Florida

ACC - Miami or FSU (we already playing VT) but Miami would be nice

Big 11 - Wisconsin (to determine whose 'Big Red' is bigger and redder?) or Michigan or OSU would be phenomenal :clap

thats all I got. keep the big name teams coming it makes non-conf play enjoyable

Wow, it's tough to please the masses, eh?

We schedule La Tech, people whine about scheduling a cupcake.

We try to get PSU in here, hell, we played them just a few years ago, what a waste.

I don't think scheduling any big time school is an easy thing. It's been known for a few decades that the Florida schools refuse to come to Lincoln to play. I'd be pretty happy to have PSU come here since they took several recruits from us last year (JB Walton, AJ Wallace). I want the Huskers to rout them a few times and show the east coast recruits that the Huskers are to be reckoned with once again.

Wow, it's tough to please the masses, eh?

We schedule La Tech, people whine about scheduling a cupcake.

We try to get PSU in here, hell, we played them just a few years ago, what a waste.

I don't think scheduling any big time school is an easy thing. It's been known for a few decades that the Florida schools refuse to come to Lincoln to play. I'd be pretty happy to have PSU come here since they took several recruits from us last year (JB Walton, AJ Wallace). I want the Huskers to rout them a few times and show the east coast recruits that the Huskers are to be reckoned with once again.

We're Nebraska...it should be easier than hitting speed dial 'Jo-Pa' every time we want to schedule someone to play. It should be apparent for big name teams that playing us will get them the attention they want. Hell, why not even hit us up while NU is a whipping boy and make yourself look good? Oh yeah...we aren't going to be there any longer. :thumbs

Penn St. is a waste. A Michigan, Florida, even Oregon series would be cool. I just think it is rediculous to schedule a school over and over again that obviously has no respect for their oppenent's fan base.

If it's broke, fix it. And let them find their own way to their 'very' mythical NC. :smokin

I think we should play Iowa sometime!!!! I'm tired of these mouthy Iowa fans talking about how good they are and how we suck!!!! :box

9-4-99- NU 42-7 Idiots Out Wandering Around

9-23-00- NU 42-13 It's Our Waiting Assh*le!

End of debate.