Husker Power getting a makeover?

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Those items don't necessarily make the players better, but it gives the players incentives to stick around the athletic facility.  The more they are around the facility, they are bonding with teammates, possibly doing extra film study, doing homework/studying for classes, and generally staying out of trouble.  The coaches want to try and give these kids as much structure as possible.

Agreed but some people don't understand what it means to build morale. It's not 1980. College is supposed to be fun. Maybe some individuals just didn't have a memorable experience and are bitter about the opportunities our athletes get.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is that hyperbole?  Do TVs in toilets make a better player?

Not sure what you're even asking about university students.

If you have facts to support your claim for NEBRASKA. I don't care what other schools do but ours so by all means, share those facts. If not, then it's hyperbole mumbo jumbo.

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

Agreed but some people don't understand what it means to build morale. It's not 1980. College is supposed to be fun. Maybe some individuals just didn't have a memorable experience and are bitter about the opportunities our athletes get.

Agreed.  Those kids put in a TON of work to be student-athletes.  If they are able to get some benefits and have fun at the athletic facility, I think it's great for them.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Great non-answer.

Speak for yourself. You could always kneel in protest at a game in Lincoln during the national anthem over athletic department financial abuse without having any factual evidence to present.

If you have none, let's move on.

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

Speak for yourself. You could always kneel in protest at a game in Lincoln during the national anthem over athletic department financial abuse without having any factual evidence to present.

If you have none, let's move on.

Wow...snarky.  I'm simply stating my opinion that video games and TVs in toilets don't make a player a better player.

You're the one who thinks it does.  Usually, a discussion happens when someone then would show me how a TV in a toilet makes him run faster or block better.

But...hey...I'm willing to move on.

2 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd be fine with a reduction in the donation required for season tickets... maybe cut that in half and call it good!?

As last season wore on, I was kind of hoping they'd have to drop the donation to keep the ticket sales going.  And I thought it coincided perfectly with the full share of B1G money.

But then we went an hired Frost and all those hopes went in the s#!tter.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...snarky.  I'm simply stating my opinion that video games and TVs in toilets don't make a player a better player.

You're the one who thinks it does.  Usually, a discussion happens when someone then would show me how a TV in a toilet makes him run faster or block better.

But...hey...I'm willing to move on.

I never said it makes a player better see you're exaggerating again, lol. You should try to control that. You have no facts so I'm going to move on from this discussion.

43 minutes ago, FTW said:

If you have facts to support your claim for NEBRASKA. I don't care what other schools do but ours so by all means, share those facts. If not, then it's hyperbole mumbo jumbo.

You’re the one who brought up “top schools.” BRB then replied about schools in general. Now you’re saying he can only talk about Nebraska.

Your post about kneeling was totally uncalled for. 

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You’re the one who brought up “top schools.” BRB then replied about schools in general. Now you’re saying he can only talk about Nebraska.

Your post about kneeling was totally uncalled for. 

That's why I want to move on from the discussion @BigRedBuster I was wrong and I apologize. It was unnecessary and shouldn't have been posted like Moiraine said. I'll have to remind myself to be more cordial in the future when it comes to a disagreement. So, for that I am sorry.

• Plus1 2