** 2018 Husker Previews: CBS Sports Expert Big Ten Predictions **

Most underrated team

Nebraska: It had more talent than it showed in a 4-8 season in 2017 that saw the end of the Mike Riley era.  Now, Scott Frost comes in fresh off an undefeated season at UCF and with a national championship under his belt as a player for the Cornhuskers.  If anyone can come in and change a culture immediately, it's Frost.  A brutal road schedule may mask how much this team should be improved this season, but a bowl game is a reasonable expectation. -- Jerry Palm (also Tom Fornelli, Chip Patterson)

Bold Predictions

Barton Simmons: Nebraska will upset at least one of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State or Wisconsin.

View the full predictions and picks here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-big-ten-expert-picks-overrated-underrated-teams-and-predicted-order-of-finish/

Two of them have NU finishing 2nd in the west...

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Where we finish in the West this year probably has more to do with Iowa's cross-divisional schedule. They don't play two tough teams from the East, just one - they play at Penn State. So, just as Wisconsin has benefited the past several seasons, Iowa has higher odds of losing fewer games.

We play three tough teams from the East. If we lose all three of our tough cross-divisional games, lose to Wisconsin, but beat Iowa, we'd be at four conference losses.

Odds are they're not going to lose more than three conference games. They'll lose to Wisconsin, Penn State, and probably us. But will they lose to a Northwestern or Minnesota?

I guess it doesn't matter. I'm only going to start caring about where we finish in our division when we start winning it, which will probably be next season.

8 hours ago, Saunders said:

I know I may be drinking the kool-aid but I voted for Nebraska to get to 9 wins this year in one of the old polls. I agree that we have way more talent than the record reflected last year, we have brought in even more great talent, and we finally have a staff that knows how to coach. 

13 hours ago, Saunders said:

Bold Predictions

Barton Simmons: Nebraska will upset at least one of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State or Wisconsin.

Kind of agree here.  Upset 1 out of 4 big games (minimal) is a better way of saying "losing three out of these four games".  And let's not count out Northwestern.  They are coming off a double digit win season and they usually play us tough for whatever reason.  And don't forget about Iowa owning us lately (insert throw up). 

I am excited about Frost and his direction, and this team's improved off season notices.  Lot's of stuff that will be "wait and see" as it goes.