The Fallen

Just a few quotes from Steve Pederson when we fired Frank Solich. Its amazing how far we have fallen- to think we once were at a point to talk and think like that. I long for the day we get back to the point we can puff our chest out and have that kind of pride and expectation again. Lets go Frost.

"I refuse to let the program gravitate into mediocrity,"

"The byproduct of excellence in every area of your program is winning, and I don't apologize for having high expectations,"

"This is the best job in the country, and anyone who doesn't want to win the national championship shouldn't bother applying for this job,"

"I understand we aren't going to win the championship every year, but I believe we should be playing for or gaining on the championship on a consistent basis.

"I don't feel that currently we are playing for or gaining on the championship."

"We're not recruiting like we were a number of years ago," Pederson said. "If you want to succeed at the highest level, you have to recruit the top players. At Nebraska, you should be able to recruit anybody in the country."

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Is this thread really neccisary? 

I find it very interesting. Some people say you cant recruit to Nebraska- but 16 years ago we all believed we could get anyone in the country. Its a good reminder you can recruit here when we are successful on the field. 

Its also interesting to see how confident we used to be and expected to win. 

Sorry but I find history interesting. Its just an interesting dynamic to see what we thought 16 years ago vs today. Today people hesitate to say we can win another national title. Some people dont think its even possible.