Frost's staff grades thus far

I would give the overall staff a c+ right now.  They are not the ones committing silly bonehead penalties, and the ones that are not catching game winning touchdown passes, etc.

Hmmmm, players play, and coaches coach.  We had one of our most heralded receivers drop a for sure TD against Colorado to seal a win, first win of the season.  That is all on player.  Coaches called the right play, player didn't execute.  Happens.

As far as grades, I would give no grades yet.  There is insufficient data on which to issue grades for stuff that is manifested in long term results.  Remember that Nebraska was lucky to win 4 games last year with an easier schedule.  The Team gets a C- on offense, a C- on defense and an F in special teams.  Largely due to being next to last in penalties and penalty yards and third to last in TO margin. 

Random other factors  Opponents have a combined 14-5 record.   Clearly they should have beaten Colorado, likely would have beaten Troy, would not have beaten Michigan, and may have beaten Purdue with better performance in these areas.  

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I refuse to grade anyone on the staff at this point in time.

Me either. Sometimes the best way to judge is by common denominators. So far the first 4 games looks alot like the last half season from last year. Entire new coaching staff- but the same players for the most part. 

IE I blame the players at this point. Sure Riley may have ruined those players. But at this point the riley staff is gone but the players remain and we are equally as aweful as last year.

• Plus1 1