Line for Wisconsin

r06ue1

2 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

With the depth chart changes, any possibility we make it close?  

Maybe closer since Lee has a shot at not letting receivers run free, but we might surprise. Against Wisconsin we seem to either completely implode and give up 400 rushing yards or keep it way closer than it should be. But based on this season, the former seems more likely - I don't want to watch Young try and tackle Taylor, and he's going to have to do that.

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

We could easily put up 24-30 points on offense with Martinez looking as healthy as he did against Purdue but if we don't play a run-fit defense where our backers stay the f*** in their spaces Wisconsin will put up 55+.

If the offense puts up 3/4 of 24-30 points by the 3rd qtr, I’ll dance naked on O street and speak in tongues.

37 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Maybe closer since Lee has a shot at not letting receivers run free, but we might surprise. Against Wisconsin we seem to either completely implode and give up 400 rushing yards or keep it way closer than it should be. But based on this season, the former seems more likely - I don't want to watch Young try and tackle Taylor, and he's going to have to do that.

It wouldn't matter if we had deion sanders at corner, only reason Wisconsin is going to need to throw is if they get a personal foul or something that makes it 3rd and 25. And even then they still would have a fairly decent chance at running for the first down. 

2 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

It wouldn't matter if we had deion sanders at corner, only reason Wisconsin is going to need to throw is if they get a personal foul or something that makes it 3rd and 25. And even then they still would have a fairly decent chance at running for the first down. 

True. I'm disappointed Honas isn't playing, this feels like his kind of game. But to your point, we could have Ruud and Lavonte David could at LB and it doesn't matter if their line dominates.

Would rather take O 54.5 versus trying to play the guessing game on the spread as with a line above 21, Nebraska should have a pretty good chance of at least getting a late TD/score to backdoor the number.  Wisconsin can be had on defense and I think NU will have some success.  On the other hand, I think we're going to see a pretty game effort from Wisconsin on offense.  The night game factor doesn't help NU in the least as Wisconsin will have an even bigger home field advantage.  Plus, Nebraska is in a bad spot in that we have a big time HC who isn't short on confidence but he's coaching a team that lacks all confidence.  Where I'm going with this is I expect Wisconsin to be completely dialed and not overlook NU at all.  HCSF mentioned that teams better get their shots in now before NU gets things turned around.  I expect teams to do exactly that this year.

10 hours ago, Jeepy said:

I wish all the talk about the offense by Frost and the local media would morph over to the defense giving up third and longs and just as many yards as our offense gains, etc.

Every game we've played were winnable (ignore Michigan.. it was merely survivable);  we gained enough yards and scored enough points but the defensive squad is run by American Athletic Conference standards.  

Not to mention the well talked about penalties. 

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/husker-defense-coming-up-short-on-third-down-and-especially/article_251df52f-fb17-523f-890f-900141387726.html

Here you go, it’s getting attention.  Dead last in the Big Ten and 77th nationally on allowing third down conversions.

• Plus1 4

24 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/husker-defense-coming-up-short-on-third-down-and-especially/article_251df52f-fb17-523f-890f-900141387726.html

Here you go, it’s getting attention.  Dead last in the Big Ten and 77th nationally on allowing third down conversions.

Ah good.  

Now let's send it to Scott Frost, Uber Coach Extraordinaire