Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

12 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If true, then I'm not sure why he wasn't ahead on the depth chart all along. In any event, has he done so in a GAME? (Serious question).

Urbach has been the long snapper for the past 2 weeks, so far so good. From what I recall from a random weekly interview - Ober's snaps are measurably faster but Urbach is still within the acceptable range and covers better. I haven't paid attention too closely, but I would assume the LS/SS are Long/Short snapper, so Ober probably still does field goals and extra points.

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Urbach has been the long snapper for the past 2 weeks, so far so good. From what I recall from a random weekly interview - Ober's snaps are measurably faster but Urbach is still within the acceptable range and covers better. I haven't paid attention too closely, but I would assume the LS/SS are Long/Short snapper, so Ober probably still does field goals and extra points.

Yep.  Pretty sure Urbach took over after we gave up the punt return TD to Troy.  Not sure if it was right after that kick or just since that game but he's been snapping at least the last three games.

And you've heard the same thing I have as well.  Ober is the better snapper but it's close so they are willing to lose a little on the snap to gain in coverage.

Frost's commentary regarding Lightbourn's performance so far this year is pretty funny.  I'm glad there is a change at the position.

"He (Lightbourn) punted it where he was supposed to punt it," Frost said. "We had a punt return against Troy, they scored and that cost us a game. We had another against Michigan. We fell down on a punt against Purdue and twice when the (Wisconsin) game was still competitive, we punted on 35 yards to the 50 and shanked it out of bounds on the 50. We're not good enough to survive those types of things." 

• Plus1 1

Speaking of punts, It seems like we're back to the first few years of Pelini. About half try to go for the block and half set up for the return. They finally addressed the issue under Pelini the last 1-2 years and we're luckey to have DP recieving  punts. That kept us in some games and helped us win at Penn State and at iowa. Wisconsin absolutely obliterated us with field position due to good punt return yardage