Athlon Way-Too-Early Top 25 College Football Rankings for 2019

2 hours ago, Saunders said:

We're gonna see half a dozen more of these before August, but I think Nebraska might be a bit of the "trendy pick" in 2019 like Texas was in 2018.

I agree, especially among the national media and those who don't cover the program on a regular basis. They'll see a returning all-conference caliber QB, J.D. Spielman, and a fair amount of returning depth defensively.

I could see local media being a little less favorable overall but that seems to happen a lot. I think the people who follow NU closely tend to be more critical or, at the very least, more aware of potential issues.

I can see why they have us ranked but 24th is as high as I would go with our final record.  What gives us that ranking is how we finished the season; we should have beaten both Ohio State and Iowa and gone 6-0 to finish the season and people who witnessed those games could see how bright the future is in Lincoln.  

Finish up the recruiting class, see how that ends up and then rank us would have been a bit better.  The new recruits are going to be getting playing time and will be part of the revival.  

I predict we finish near the top 10.  :koolaid2:

• Fire 1